It's the most wonderful time of the year!

fury

Administrator
Staff member
:beerbang:

My brothers went back the 12th. Seems the school years are getting longer and longer each year... when I was going, they didn't start until late August damn near September.

leslie

ours is always the day after Labour Day...which is the first Monday in Sept :eh:

looooooooooooooooong summers

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
hehe mine have been back for a few weeks, its nice but at the same time worse. Now i got all this extra ciriculr shit to attend to. and home work...

greenfreak

Leslie, you see those Staples commercials with the father dancing in the aisles, buying school supplies while the kids morosely shuffle behind? :laugh: That's a great commercial.

While I have no kids and don't know your joy, I'm happy for all of you. :)

leslie

:laugh: I loooooooooooooooove that commercial!!

it really captures the joy in a way that can't be expressed any other way :smash:

leslie

but I did get smacked upside the head by one little 'schoolcaused' stress...

the impossibility of finding 9 snacks per day providing variety fun and nutrition while ensuring that said snacks contain no nuts of any kind whatsoever :retard:

greenfreak

My mom used to make me cream cheese and jelly sandwiches with a scooter pie and 25 cents for a container of milk.

YUMMY. :D

leslie

I only bought pencils/pens/blah blah... about $30 at the dollar store, new ballcaps at Old Navy x 3 for $10 each, and Zach needed a new jacket and winter coat which I found at Value Village (secondhand store) - got a plether jacket and a cool black coat for $20 total.

So I didn't do too bad at all :headbang:

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
I already racked up a bill of $500 and that doesn't include my pens/pencils/paper/printer/furniture/tuition. That is just my damned books!!!

Oh, I didn't include clothes in that list cause I didn't get any...damn tuition was like $6200

*can't wait for her OTC shirt, YAY NEW CLOTHES*

greenfreak

I'm not going back to school and don't have kids that are but we went shopping today anyway.

I bought a 'how-to' book on orchids, another book on orchids that is a little bit factual a little bit fiction, a regular fiction book to read, this month's issue of Fine Gardening magazine, bark/charcoal mix for potting my new orchids, Rusty bought workout clothes, I bought a couple of nice fall/winter sweaters and some really cool lookin green pants.

Then, finally, home. I'm tired. I'm really not a shopper. Still, we need to get ink cartridges for our printer from Amazon and maybe a CD case for work and one of those CD sleeves that you attach to your car visor.