id

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
id

"In Freudian theory, the division of the psyche that is totally unconscious and serves as the source of instinctual impulses and demands for immediate satisfaction of primitive needs."

Is it possible for some humans to have "a stronger id" than others? Or is it just that some people have less control over thier impulses?

Do women and men, biologically, have different primitive needs? (Other than the obvious, guys.)

greenfreak

I think as each personality is different, your id can be also. Your instincts and impulses (IMHO) would differ according to the life's lessons that you've learned or experiences you have had. Thus, each person's id would be different.

Something I heard years ago (not sure if it's true or not). When people are faced with the decision to turn left or right with no discernable difference between the two, they often choose the direction of their dominant hand. So since I'm a righty, I would choose a right turn more often than left. Makes you wonder.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
There has to be a difference in the id. Otherwise, there wouldn't be Bob the Street Sweeper as opposed to Donald Trump the rich idiot. Each persons level of lust for power or money or sex or drugs, etc, is driven by the subconscious.

or, some are just bigger assholes than others:smoke:

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Spirit said:

Is it possible for some humans to have "a stronger id" than others? Or is it just that some people have less control over thier impulses?
Technically it's your Superego(moral baggage you acquire) that prevents you from following only your impulses regardless the fact these impulses can be more or less stronger(that probably is true also).