Ibm Sucks!

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
This is the status on my drive. Keep in mind, I bought this drive in June of last year. This is the second time it has been sent back.

The returned defective hard disk drive was received and the replacement hard disk drive has not been shipped yet.

RMA issued on March 19, 2002

Defective hard disk drive received on April 01, 2002

Please be aware that you may experience a delay in receiving your replacement disk drive based on stock availability. If product is available, your replacement order will be processed within 14 working days after the receipt of your defective disk drive.

So when do these dipshits plan on returning a drive to me anyway. Last time it took three months. Maybe four or five this time?

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Keep in mind...I sent the drive to them on the 20th. I checked the tracking number for delivery and it arrived a few days after I sent it. They say it didn't get there until the 1st. THIS is IBM..

Wonga

I am pleased when my 75GXP IBM drive gave up on me, I could deal with the people who sold me the drive. It took them about three weeks to ship me a new one, but it was a new one when it arrived, a 60GXP in fact, and 10GB bigger than the one that went duff (as the 75GXPs weren't made any more). Sounds like you are not so lucky. Hope you get it soon :)

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
April 23rd. Well, the drive has now been determined to be defective. DUH!!!! Still no drive has been shipped yet though. Starting the second month now.......

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
A warranty is a warranty. They break it, they pay. :D Come on IBM, let's play David and Goliath.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Email them and ask if you have a choice between a WD or a Maxtor for your replacement. :D

systembuilder

Folding@home
Dont know if i should take Ofence or not i love my wd drive's never have had a prob with them out of a lot of 100 drives two dead right out of the box , sent them back and was sent three drives back just for two week wait i thought that was cool :D

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I have an IBM in this machine too *waves garlic in front of case* :D

...but Posty's had trouble since the git go and it's been close to a year....now his drive is broken and missing.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
To top it off Q, I have another IBM drive sitting right here on my deks. The exact same type. It's dead as well. It'll be going back to IBM once I get the replacement drive back for the other one.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Maybe you need to stick a note in there when you return it, asking for a functional drive.:rolleyes:

tamago

(Ô.o) pi?
In my Opinion on IBM's sector in the OEM business has set a big foothold in the Technological line of many things. For sure, they dealt out many good things, I've yet to see my old IBM hit the plank with its 256mb HD :D ehehehe only 1 RMA on the mobo after i was careless and probably shortted a circuit somewhere.
I was just a young pup learning :D I even destroyed the Win3.11 OS a couple times *shivers*
I've yet to see my 3yr old aging IBM 14gig HD kick the dust. Just have to admit, IBM's FAB labs for their HD's must've had a bad glitch somewhere causing so much tormoil :/ *psst blame it on the engineer who was sleeping on the job ;) :D

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
tamago said:
I even destroyed the Win3.11 OS a couple times *shivers*

That's all, justa couple of times. It always seemed like I was reinstalling that POS OS even other HOUR. No thank you. I was a die hard DOS user back then. That funky picture crap wasen't going to do anything. People weren't going to buy it....yeah, right.

tamago

(Ô.o) pi?
Oh ummm hehehe, I guess I was able to tweak the OS to a solid performance that I never encountered a system crash until having issues with certain dll's in order to have one program run properly, especially adding the Win32 addon for Win3.11 for newer applications. Other then that, once i got into the gaming realm with Dos games, oh joy :D Tweaking memory settings up the yin/yang with a crazy 87mhz overdrive Pentium with about 32mb of RAM GODDLY! LOL :laugh: give lil egg shell a break :cry2: