I feel like i just got

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
raped by the mechanics.
For those that didnt know the torque converter grenaded and trashed my transmission. Well yesterday evening i drive by the shop and see my truck sitting in the lot. So i pull in to see what the progress is on it.
The service manager looks as surprised as i to see it and see me at the same time. but pulls the paperwork out and starts to total the bill.
I asked him to itemize it cause i gotta turn the towing into my insurance company , then i see him write radiator on the bill. I ask about it and he tells me they put a new raditor in also.
says had to because when everything else went it got into it and plugged it up.
But i guess what the problem is that i never recieved a call telling me this or getting anytype of approval to do anything but to pull the transmission. so now a 1300-1400.00 bill turned into a 1700.00 bill.

can it really get into the cooling system? if so what about the rest, like the water pump, and stuff?

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Sounds like bullshit to me. First of all, they should have called for your approval on such a major price increase...no matter what the reason. Second, why the hell couldn't they flush the radiator? Plus it sounds like they put a new radiator in it instead of getting one from a junkyard. I'd be really pissed. I would email Kruz and see what he thinks.

Kruz

Staff member
the transmission oil cooler is in the radiator, some have a secondary cooler in front of the rad also... if the metal contamanation from the torque conv got in it (and it would), the only way to get it out is to flush it or replace it... without seeing it I can't say how bad it was... while I can see the need for the replacement, You should have been informed of the condition and the need for the replacement!
I don't know the laws there.. but they are REQUIRED to get permission for any additional work over 10% of the origanal estamate............................

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Well, i picked it up tonight. is there like a breaking in period for transmissions? it feels rough when changing gears. It appears to wind a little longer also.
They appologized for not calling me to inform of the higher price, said it was a no brainer to them so told the guy to just replace it.
I told him its not that i would have told them not to do it, but would have just liked to have known. plus now they cant even find the paperwork. after 45 minutes of standing there looking like i was gonna rip someones ass i found the paper that they had hand written the price last night and told them i wanted sometype of discount for all the trouble they had caused, my new bill was 1568.00. so we'll see what happens

Professur

Mushroom at large
A brand new tranny would need to run in a bit. Were you told to bring it back in about 500 miles for a fluid change?

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
no, just given the bill and the warranty. they were so nice :D