Happy 4th of July

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
They turned out like crap, but it was the first time I have ever tried to take pictures of fireworks. Very hard to do.

fireworks1.jpg

fireworks2.jpg

fireworks3.jpg

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
What I had to do was hold the shutter down enough to get the lens to focus during one of the fireworks. Then continue to hold it down until the next one went up. Since it was set for a 5 second exposure, I engaged the shutter when the next firework was going up and very near or at it's apex and just about to go off.

leslie

This is just a cheap Kodak mc3, not exactly the finest in photographic equipment, we kind of just have to take the pic and pray :(

Hopefully soon we'll have a better one. Your pictures are inspiring :)

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
I think I know what you mean. I went back into fireworks and check the image against the original. I think I upload the images I was dinking with. Those were the ones I had applied a sharpening filter too. I uploaded the originals, only reduced in size. Let me know if they look better now.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
It may only be viewing it in my browser that's doing it, I'm not sure. I saved it and opened it in Photoshop and it didn't look the same.

Anyway, here's a screenshot of how it looks in my browser. See the pixelation in the squared area?

Attachments

• fire.jpg
    fire.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 17

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Wierd. I cranked my brightness and contrast all the way up to see if I could see...nope. I can't see it. I see it in the image you posted though.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
I'm still not seeing it in the one I posted up. However, It's probably there. The only thing I could think that would cause it is the compression format. I didn't save it using a very high compression rating in Photoshop. I think it was 4 or 5.