Hammer of the Gods

stumble biscuit

Any Zeppelin Heads here? I've been one since about 1975 after I heard Misty Mountain Hop for the first time when my buddy brought over his album. That album cover still makes me feel like getting high when I look at it. Soon after I had I, II, III, IV, Houses & PG in the crate and impatiently waited for Presence.

Last time I went to see ZoSo, he was jamming with the Crowes. As he started into the intro of In My Time Of Dying I felt like I was a kid again sitting there in the grass.

Good music transcends time.

*Fires up Misty Mountain Hop.mp3*

Kruz

Staff member
I agree.. I had tickets to the zeppelin tour in '75, but that's when problems happened and the tour was cancelled:cry2:
Oh BTW.. the ticket cost a whopping $10.00:D

S

s4

I was only about 7 or 8 when Stairway to Heaven came out. My Parents bought me a transistor radio, and I used to listen to WLS out of Chicago. I acually got my first transistor radio in about 69 or 70, so I heard a lot of the tunes that are classics back when they were new.

The big problem that I have with listening to Zepplin is that I've heard just about everything they put out on albums except for maybe the BBC recordings. I've heard them so much that the new has worn off. I agree they were great!

S

s4

The closest I ever came to seeing them was watching a video of 'The Song Remains the Same' on vhs. They were incredible!

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I vote "presence" as LZ album of eternity. It was their worst seller but it had some of the best production in rock history, as well as a couple of classics:

PRESENCE
Released: March 31, 1976
Recorded: November - December, 1975
Produced by: Jimmy Page
Engineered by: Keith Harwood
Executive Producer: Peter Grant
Cover Art by: Hipgnosis and George Hardie
Label: Swan Song SS-8416

Achilles Last Stand {Page/Plant} (10:25)
For Your Life {Page/Plant} (6:24)
Royal Orleans {Bonham/Jones/Page/Plant} (2:59)
Nobody's Fault But Mine {Page/Plant} (6:16)
Candy Store Rock {Page/Plant} (4:11)
Hots On For Nowhere {Page/Plant} (4:44)
Tea For One {Page/Plant} (9:26)
Total playing time 44:30

Crabbleboys

Morris Dancer
Originally posted by stumble biscuit
. I felt like I was a kid again sitting there in the grass.

Lucky sod, our climate is to cold to grow it outside. Had it have it in the greenhouse:D

Liked Zep but always prefered Floyd aand Uriah Heep.

"goes and places Demons and Wizards LP on the record player"

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
ROCK ON!

Lately I been chewin' on the self titled album from '69, like a cow chews 'er cud!
Thoughtful classics like, "Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You", "You Shook Me", "Dazed", an' "I can't Quit You Babe".
Yer right, by me......it's "timeless" stuff.:)