Floppy Drives?

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
The buyer from the shop branch at my office says it's hard to find new floppys, that she was told they're stopping making them. Is it true everywhere or is it local?

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Sounds like BS. When one of the higher priced local places has them for $15., they're not in short supply.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
While it's a growing trend that new PC's ship without a floppy drive, they're still making them.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
I had no problem finding a floppy drive when I built my system back in December.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Guess it's a brazillian thing. To label anything old as useless. It's been at least 7 years that vinyl discs are nowhere to be found aswell. Just in case I bought a floppy we had in stock. Mine is still the same I used in the 486 :/

PuterTutor

One of the classes next term is requiring the students to have a USB drive for the class. The school still has floppy drives in all the machines I've seen, but I can see them going away quickly. As for here at work, we're still having floppies put in them here, from Dell. They also have no less that 6 USB ports, but that floppy is still there.