Explorer Problem

BigDadday

Everday People
I have Win-me in a spare computer and when I try to access the settings and control panel I get a message that reads.

EXPLORER has caused an error in GDI.EXE

If you continue to have this problem try to restart your computer.

Well I did the restart and it still comes up. Other than I have Win-me in what is the solution to fix this from keep on happening? Thnx,

fury

Administrator
Staff member
That's a rare occurrance... besides, there's now XP for those who need digital picture stuff or system restore stuff integrated into their OS, and XP's not too bad if you're not connected to the internet.

BD, if those articles posted by HomeLAN don't help, you might have little choice left but to either reinstall or try a System Restore (if you have it enabled)

BigDadday

Everday People
The page fromMicrosoft helped immensley besides taking out msn for now all is good.Thnx all!

I have the system restore on for when the kids come over as I have had to use it after they left.;)

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
YAY! I love you Gonzo! Finally somebody who agrees!

Since we're on the subject of Acrobat Reader...I opened a PDF file from a website and it looked fine on the screen but when I printed it most of the spaces were gone and others were inthe middle of words. Why is this? (I am running Win98 here at work)