Drivers

texashoney

Hey all Im looking for some Drivers for an Intel Pocket Camera and I am running Windows ME. I went on Intel site and they dont have any on there for Windows ME. Can someone help???? I would be greatful.

texashoney

Q I went there and all they have is the drivers for Windows 2000 which will not work for some reason. I guess the Model number is a CS630 Intel PC Camera. Thanks a million.

trinity1

1 of 3
Texashoney try this LINK which gives you a Win98 driver. Unfortunately it is not a WinME driver, but it's closer than a Win2000 driver. Good Luck!:wave:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Well, this is odd: from the intel website

Intel® Home PC Camera
Updates & Drivers
Updates:

No patches at this time
Drivers:
No drivers at this time

texashoney what exactly are you trying to do? did the software for the camera not install from the cd? or can't you find the cd?
If you don't have the cd, I'm thinking you may have to call Intel to get a replacement....give us more info and I'm sure we can figure something out. :)

texashoney

Ok heres the deal. I have the CD but from day one it has been a real tough time installing it. Now the CD player wont even read it. I know it is not the CD Player as i can put any other CD in it and it plays with no problem. I had to format my hard drive and I lost everything on my computer including the setup for the camera which we finally got to work after two days of messing with it. And now im looking for the drivers to download to get my camera back up and working.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Since Intel doesn't have a WinMe driver for it, the closest you're going to get is using the Win98 driver. Both OS's are the same basic architecture underneath (a 32-bit upgrade to a 16-bit shell on an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a 2-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition :lol: ), so in theory the driver should work about the same.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Ok, lil miss texashoney....we need an update on your situation. Were any of the links provided any help? If not, my next suggestion would be to call up Intel® and bitch up a blue streak (of course bitching about shitty service and/ or products is a hobby of mine :D )

Justintime

Something
the Win98 driver should in theory work just fine.. the win2k driver is a definite no no, might work for XP but thats all