Don't install windows media player 9 from any 'site'

Justintime

Something
Turned Xp pro and win 2k pro into 'testing' versions for evaluation, as seen at the bottom corner of the screen,and changed the build number, dunno of its effect on the whole OS, but i didna risk it and went formatted both drives, was the version i got a 'beta leak' ya figure?

message seen "windows 2000 pro for testing purposes only' same for XP, both were legit full versions before wmp 9 :D

Acid

stud
It doesn't change Windows at all, but it's a beta MS product, so it's going to put that down there. I've currently got it and SP1 1081 installed. And you can remove that text thru registry edits as well.

Justintime

Something
Ok, sorted it, removed all the certificates in the registry pertaining to 'TESTING' and the message went away, changed date to 2054 and it still worked ok, so i guess i got wmp 9 in a 2k machine now :D

flavio

superfly
Staff member
How is it that there is a version 9 beta when there's no official version 8 yet?

Justintime

Something
XP has version 8 officially :D Support for version 8 in 9x/2k is non existant, you must upgrade to XP to have it :rolleyes: