DAMN!

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
I went for a job interview with a big engineering firm yesterday. They call me today and tell me I am overqualified for the position.

How bad does *that* suck?????

They did say they will talk to the manager for a different department to see if they have an opening in that area, but you know, that's probably all air they're blowing out thier ass.

*sigh* :(

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Imagine, moving from a major metro region to a mid-sized town and they all say-"we can't match your previous salary, sorry" Now THAT bites, especially when you explained, in advance, you weren't expecting as much...... :lurk:

br0ck

Originally posted by Spirit
I .... tell me I am overqualified for the position.

What were you wearing? You must of shown to much cleavage. That's the only overqualified that we all can think of. ;)

Pharmboy

Spirit, You are still in good shape, Any good recruiter or HR person
would not come back with a responce like that unless they truley
ment it. Be prepaired for a call, I'm sure if it's a half decent company, they will at least call you back. Good luck and Good luck

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Yeah, Pharmboy, it is fairly reputable. I am hoping for a call soon...

and thanks... I like the way you think :)

alex

Hang in there Spirit ;) Something will come along. Engineering type people are too valuable these days :D

BigDadday

Everday People
First off spirit luck ok . What I hate is when you're looking for a job,any job and they say you need experience. What I want to know is how do you get that unless someone hires you so you can learn and do the job?

*Big Time*

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Thanks, pad :) They are getting bigger by the day, this company, so I imagine they'll need more documentation clerks soon!

BD... I hear ya... first they need experience then they say you're overqualified... :confused:

flavio

superfly
Staff member
I've gotten the "overqualified" response a couple of times. In my case it the people doing the hiring thought I would be bored at the job I was applying for. They were entirely correct, but being desperate for a job at the time it still sucked.