Damn thats old!

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
I just ran to the store to get some Advil. I could not believe my eyes. They had a bottle of Fido Dido Shampoo ! :eek: How long has that been sitting there?

unclehobart

this is my special title
Fido Dido, the perenial party dude of Australian comic fame, had the hip attitude before anyone else. Fido was a strange cat: a triangular-headed, spiked-hair skater dude with spindly limbs, hanging out in baggy shorts, t-shirt and oversized hi-tops with untied shoelaces.

Fido’s creator, Joanna Ferones, brought the existential philosopher/ cult comics hero to a line of t-shirts that were a big hit in America. He joined the ranks of Spuds McKenzie, Maui & Sons’ ‘Sharkman,’ the snarling-jawed Rude Dog, and a slew of other outcasts as popular cult characters of style.

As far as I can tell, its a mid 90s fad. I would have to guess 6 years old on that bottle of shampoo. You didn't see any Prell or Jhirmack shampoo there didja? That would be like 20 years old.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Thanks, unc-it meant nothing to me-now, I know what Fido Dido is.

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Originally posted by Gonzo
Thanks, unc-it meant nothing to me-now, I know what Fido Dido is.

Don't you remember the 7up ads from years back?

Attachments

• fidodido2.gif
    fidodido2.gif
    7.3 KB · Views: 21

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
not that one(short term long term me :confused: mory-what was I saying

unclehobart

this is my special title
I remember the character being used in advertisements. I just didn't know it was an 'Aussie' thing.