Contest - WE HAVE A WINNER!

Mudvayne

???

Guessing a number?! Why not pick from a hat. I mean theres a big gap between 0 and 10,000. It's pretty silly if you ask me.:lurk:

BigDadday

Everday People
OK how about sharing your ideas of what you would do altho it's a bit l8 we did that already? BD
Oh welcome,:wave:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the closest to come to the number between 0 and 10,000 wins the processor, it's that simple. :retard:

You don't have to make an exact guess.

Drawing a member number out of a hat probably would be more thrilling, but how do we know the member we pick is paying attention to the email they signed up to the board with, or even wants the processor? Sure, we could draw another number, but if that one is the same way, it could take quite a few drawings to select a member who is eligible for it and who is available to receive it.

This way, the only people who enter the contest are the ones who actually want it.

Mudvayne

Hmm...

Well let's just say the number is 4,000. I pick 4,001, and someone else picks 3,999. Im guessing its closest without going over?:confused:

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
No. In that event there would be a draw a simple repick of numbers would take place, however, the margin would be the same, 0 to 10000. Closest pick wins.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
What postal said. If there are multiple people the same distance to the number (and that distance is the smallest distance of any guess at the time of the contest closing), then a tie-breaker contest will be selected with a new number between 0 and 10,000

fury

Administrator
Staff member
To anyone else wanting to reply to this thread with questions: Make sure you have read the contest page before asking anything, because most of your questions should be answered by reading it. If you still have any, THEN reply to this thread ;)

BigDadday

Everday People
Only confusing factor is the time. It's already 2002 in say Australia and how do we know when it is here at XI?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I already anticipated that well in advance.

0:00 EST January 1, 2002 is the official beginning of the contest. In other words, about 6 hours and 10 minutes from the time of this post.

habaneroman

XI-BASE Global Connection

The site that gives away stuff.

Thanks again xibase, all that run it.
:beerchug:

rock_band.gif