Comments on the Oscar?

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Hafta say I knew it was coming for "The Departed" though I still had hope "Little Miss Sunshine" could make it in the end. Of all the nominnees for Best Picture I thought they lacked something in some way.
Justice was finally done for Scorcese, as for Whitaker.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
I don't think there's much doubt that Whitaker earned that little statue. Man worked his ass off for that role.

As for Scorcese, I suspect this was an apology. He may not have been the absolute best nominee, but thet really should have given it to him one of the other umpteen times, when he probably was.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
The movie may not have been the best, but he was. Althought Eastwood made a fine job, his movies weren't all that great.
One thing I didn't get was the soundtrack award for Babel. I can't recall a single music in that picture.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
As for Scorcese, I suspect this was an apology.

That was my guess. It was a pity Oscar.

On teh other hand, Al Gore got one. It looks like Hollywood forgot about Tipper Gore & the PMRC.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
He appeared in the film, if I'm properly informed.

In any case, Hollywood still yearns for the days of the Clintons, and will go to great lengths to endorse anyone connected to that administration. I thought DeCaprio was gonna blow him right there on stage.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I believe he had a part in producing the panic film & he did the voice over/narration. I, to no ones surprise, haven't seen it. It looks like that flick where NYC was invaded by Arctic wolves in a 8 hour timespan.