Closing Shop

Inkara1

Well, Caity is the same one who created an entirely separate myspace account for me to see so she could hide me from her ex on her main one.

I already know that Lori doesn't mind being woken up... :D

Professur

Mushroom at large
Have you considered the indian approach? Have your mom and dad select someone for you? Might be worth a try at this point.

Inkara1

I'd say Lori deserves a chance before I try the Indian approach. Besides, California is a no-fault divorce state... so if they pick wrong, I'm still out a bunch of time and money once the divorce hits.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Ontario's nice this time of year. I hear that there's some nice young female engineers looking for mail order boy friends out there.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
A few things...

1-brainsoft: I knew you'd stop by, even though you acted indifferent and made me feel silly for caring about an internet site, I knew you'd show up sooner or later

2-I'd be in for some sort of shared situation...keep me in the loop when numbers are known

3-Prof, stop trying to whore me out.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
P.S. Welcome back Prof...and I've tried calling you at work and when I enter your extension they tell me "Le numero blah blah press et incorrecte" or some BS

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
Also, Sammy (or someone who knows the usage of the sites) would the $20/month cover the operating costs of both sites??? If so I can cover that no problem, as long as I get some help with the initial buy out.

brainsoft

Co-founder/alumni
I won't lie, i'm more interested in the domain name personally, but i hope you guys can put something together

Professur

Mushroom at large
Nixy, your taste in men is crap. Inky's ability to detect sanity in wimmens is somewhere below whaleshit. Someone's gotta help you two out. Unless David wants to man up?

BTW, what's that number you're using written on? That hasn't been the extension in 4 years, and you've damn well called me on the new one lots of times. That's not one of my old purple business cards is it?

Mirlyn

rebmeM
Also, Sammy (or someone who knows the usage of the sites) would the $20/month cover the operating costs of both sites??? If so I can cover that no problem, as long as I get some help with the initial buy out.
I've asked before at OTC, but never really got an answer. I might be able to offer some discounted hosting once I know what the disk and traffic requirements are.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Right now fury mad an offer to host for a smaller fee, but he is still looking at the size of the sites and the traffic we get. he said hed contact me today with the numbers

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
Prof: You now know where I had it...in a PM...I dunno where the other number is...I'm sure I had it but it seems I lost it. Thanks for giving it to me again though!! Also, brainsoft is practically shacked up these days...not that either of us would interested in repeating the past. Also, if you notice I haven't made any bad decission lately...of course I haven't had the opportunity to really make any decissions...but meh...

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
As much as I would like to contribute in some manner, I don't know exactly how I could, living in another country and not having a credit card. With differences in currency and living standards, I'm not sure it would make some difference also, but if you have some ideas...
I'm specially attached to Xibase...

leslie

*thinking furiously*

We only have 11 days to do this. We need to make a plan.

So what are we proposing?

I could immediately put in a hunk and commit to cover the hosting for xi and otc if it's near the twenty bucks. I don't have the computer setup to do the backups and stuffs so hopefully someone else could volunteer for that bit. There'd also be a need for someone (prolly the same someone) to take the ownership of and taking care of (getting chipins for) the renewal of the domains and stuff. We'd need to nominate a CFO (American I think because of flaky everchanging conversion rates) to take in any of the donations and apply them to whatever they deemed. Lastly, to save problems later, we'd need to agree as a condition of donation that that this is a no-refund for any reason gift. If someone wants to walk, fine, but no money back.

I would be willing to pay for the two sites entirely as I'm sure many of us would, but I don't have the lump, so regretfully a hunk is the best I could do with this notice. I don't think sam has time to wait for easy sleazy payment plans.

Does fury come with this purchase, too? I'm sure Mirlyn and/or cat would help with that stuff as well.

Anyway, that's what I can offer - a hunk and hosting.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
As of right now we have accrued 6 months worth of donations, fury is trying to make it so i dont have to sell(which id prefer, but circumstances may end up different) By offering to host us on his server for a smaller price. but like he and i discussed, he needs to make sure he has the room for us and the transfers per month without over extending his own cost.
He should hopefully get back to me in a day or 2 to let me know.

Wendi and i are going to counseling tonight and i pray that it is a start to a better future for us. We have been talking alot more.
Its a start, and im happy with that.

leslie

Sam, I'm sooooooo happy about the counselling. That's just super.

And don't worry about the hosting. I will totally commit to cover the hosting.

Mirlyn

rebmeM
Glad to hear it, Sam. Hope things are turning around for you.

Let me know what you and fury come up with. I'd also be more than happy to host and keep it in your name.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Just popped over to RF. Looks like noone's letting go without a fight, Old Cock. I hesitate to pry into your personal life, but are these new issues with your missus, or a continuation from years past?