Cisco Routers

S

s4

Did you look at pricewatch.com?

Also, you might click on the buy.com banner at the top of this forum. They have some routers listed on that site. If you go through the banner at Xi, it helps the site too if someone buys something.

S

s4

If I knew more about routers, I'd try to help. Hope you find a good one BD!:)

Brewmeister

I'd even say they're greatly overpriced, but they are about the best you can get. Of course it all depends on if you need that much router for what you are doing. If so, then they're worth it. If it's not a real intensive application, look at the Netopias (www.netopia.com). I just configured a Netopia 6100 ADSL router with dial backup, VPN access, and mail server publishing. I think the whole thing went for about $500-$600. The thing even has a built in, configurable packet-filter firewall in addition to NAT.

BigDadday

Everday People
Brewmeister said:
I'd even say they're greatly overpriced, but they are about the best you can get. Of course it all depends on if you need that much router for what you are doing. If so, then they're worth it. If it's not a real intensive application, look at the Netopias (www.netopia.com). I just configured a Netopia 6100 ADSL router with dial backup, VPN access, and mail server publishing. I think the whole thing went for about $500-$600. The thing even has a built in, configurable packet-filter firewall in addition to NAT.

That's just my point. I don't have an elaborate set up just 3 puters in my basement and want them to be safe.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
You get one yet? If so, how is it working?

Is it nice and fast?

Details! :D