cabling stuff.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Time to clear out the shed. I've stacks and racks of cabling stuff to get rid of. Wall mount frames, wall plates, MDVOs, BIX waffers, patch panels and hundreds of meters of Cat5. Anyone want any of it before I head over to Ebay?

Professur

Mushroom at large
How much? Most of it is boxends of about 100'. Pretty good since ethernet is limitted to 300' maximum runs.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
*scratches head*

It would prolly be cheaper for me to go buy it then pay shipping on like 90meters of Cat5 woudln't it?

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
OH! Before that last post even matters...does this stuff already have the ends on it?

Professur

Mushroom at large
What kind of end? No, this is straight unshielded twisted 4 pair cable, FT-4. What you use for pulling through wall. You're looking for patchcords, aincha?

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
So, I guess I have to be looking for patch cords since I don't have a crimping tool...

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
No, no, no, I just wanna have some incase I ever need them.

I realize what you have is in 33m pieces.

When I networked our computers at my house I have to pay a pretty penny for a networking cable.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Look for a wholeseller. Future Shop sells 25' patchcords for nearly $30. I've a place where I buy exactly the same cables for $7.50.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
Yes! That is what I need! I paid almost $30 for a 40 or 45' cross over cable

Professur

Mushroom at large
Yikes. Well, if you still need it, I can crimp one together for ya, but shipping it'll cost some. It's heavy.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
I already got one. I need to get a straight thru cable of the same length for September prolly. Like you said though, shipping woudl prolly make it not even worth it...

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
Cause I do not have enough coaxial cable to move the modem to my brother's room but chances are he isn't gonna wanna move his computer back downstairs either...So, I will need to run the cable from the modem in my room to his computer in his.