Anyone else hear a cricket in here?

Inkara1

cricket.jpg

Professur

Mushroom at large
Are the clouds of bugs in the second level of Diablo II called Black Crickets in the english version?

Professur

Mushroom at large
I'm really getting to hate those giant electro-beatles. Fuckers killed me twice. I rush in, hammer away, and run back to give a potion time to work, and the damn merc keeps shooting. I get nailed with more zaps and die.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Yep. You really need to get that lightning resistance above 60 before you try to tangle with them too much.

Professur

Mushroom at large
I think I'm about 10 there. I've got too much in poison + stuff. +10 mana and +8 poison resist. etc. Dropping all the poison resist stuff would cost me about 30 life, 20 mana, and christ only knows what in chance to collect magic items.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
There is a pattern in which the sparks shot. I can't remember now if it's N,S,E,W or NE,NW,SE,SW, but once you learn, it's easier to avoid. Watch out for Fire and Lightning resistance in the long run. These are the two you will need the most.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
No. They must be on your person. Thus, inventory management becomes a key. Personally, most of my high level characters have 1/3 to 1/2 of their packs filled with charms. Another 1/4 to 1/3 is potions. Makes for two things:

High selectiveness in what you pick up, and
Frequent trips to town.

Professur

Mushroom at large
My new pally was maxed out. Full belt of potions, 5 squares left to pick up stuff, everything else was full of charms. Both books in the cube, maxed out both money in the chest, and money in the pocket. I finally had to sell off any charm with only one attirbute, and give up anything to do with mana.

But, at 24th level, I'm doing 55-100 points per hit, with an assault rating of 1000. I'll live.