Any idea's

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
No, it's back to "normal". The blowthru on the fan seems real strong. Probably the radiator which is hidden from view & a real pleasure to change out. Fortunately, the radiator isn't outrageously priced but is a couple hundred more than I can afford at the moment. (it's 182.99 at Auto Zone :D )

Gonzo

Staff member
If all gov't used my calculations we'd be taxed at 2% & would still get refunds.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Don't tell me, I've spent R$ 1.256 on the 60.000 km revision today. I guess buying a GF 6000 GT will have to wait until mid-year :mad:

Gonzo

Staff member
A brand new radiator just went in & all seems well. I sure as shit hope so. Thanks for the idea's.

Gonzo

Staff member
It wasn't fixed, just improved.

Leslie, you win since you had first dibs.

The water pump...it was working just fine. The turbines have a 90° angle & those, all of them, are gone. It was, essentially, turning a fan blade.

Gonzo

Staff member
Didn't find squat. Apparently that's typical for these cars. The antifreeze eats the fins.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Eesh. Did they at least back flow the water jacket to clear it?

But seriously, yeah, the antifreeze is murder on all that AL they put in the engines these days.

chcr

I have no idea!
Professur said:
Eesh. Did they at least back flow the water jacket to clear it?

But seriously, yeah, the antifreeze is murder on all that AL they put in the engines these days.
It's called Dexcool, it's an antifreeze specifically made to not corrode aluminum and of course it costs twice as much. Think it's worth it?

Gato_Solo

Professur said:
If it actually worked, I would. This from the guy who just dropped 2k on new AL heads.

Try Pentosin, which I use in the Audi because it's amine and phosphate free (expensive), or Peak. Peak is cheaper, but I have never used it because my wrench told me it's not as good...

Professur

Mushroom at large
Um, it got a fresh fill less than a month ago, by the guy who's gonna hear from me if there's any problem again. It'll be a while before I need to worry about it. At least, it damn well better be.