An E-Mail I Wrote Last Night™

February 14, 2002

To Our Dearest Friends And Family,

I hope this note finds you all doing very well? I'm writing today to let you all know about some extremely good news that Ina and I heard from her doctor... but you all know what I'm going to say, huh?

Well, last Thursday, Ina went on the boat with Carlitos, Keith and David for what was supposed to be an enjoyable 5 day vacation under the sun. It didn't quit turn out that way since Ina was feeling sick intermittently throughout the days. She first thought that she might be getting sea-sick... but Ina never gets motion sickness - she's been going on holiday on the boat months at a time since she was 6 years old so this had to be different.

She got back on Tuesday morning and came straight to my house, woke me up to ask where my wallet was and said she'd go out for a while. I fell back asleep. By this time, Jose arrived to kill time at my place until he had to leave to go get Angie. Again, Ina wakes me up and flashes this dipstick looking thing in my face and says "POSITIVE! Look - it says positive". I apparently grabbed the dipstick and uttered the words "we're having a baby" and put it next to my face and smiled back to sleep. (The dipstick has a protective cap) Just want all of you to know that.

Ina, of course, didn't let me sleep for much longer and dragged me out of bed and starting rambling away about what we should do from this point on. We called and SMSed our good friends and family about it to share the excitement... =)

Later that day, we, including Lits went for confirmation. Through Marta, we got a hold of this wonderfully happy obstetrician named Dra. Lopez. She is perfect! I liked her the minute I saw her. Ina likes her just as much and I think we're going to stick with her throughout the pregnancy. We are delighted that Marta hooked us up! We couldn't be happier.

We are 6 weeks into the pregnancy people! Due date is October 10, which by the way happens to be 4 days after her birthday! By then, Sage will be a little passed 3 years old and should have a decent playmate by the time he's 4! Mom and Dad are thrilled! This will be grandchild number 2 for them.

Ina has done absolutely everything right since she found out about it almost 48 hours ago. She's quit smoking and drinking. Every now and then, she lights a cigarette, pretends to smoke it and kills it soon after. She is also eating everything the doctor told her to have which comprises of 40% vegetables, 40% protein and 20% carbohydrates. She is supposed to gain about 3 pounds a month and get at least 8 hours of sleep a day which most of you already know is easy for her. Can't wait to send pictures of her big fat belly!

And that's the bit of news I have for all of you today!

Ciao,

Inaki

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats Inaki... The family has begun. Tell Ina congrats from me as well.
Oh for your own safety later, when Ina starts showing you might not want to refer to her belly as "fat belly" Im telling ya hormones are wigging out and It can be taken the wrong way. :)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Neo is correct. Never EVER cross a pregnant woman :eek: :scared:

Congrats to the both of you! Here's to a happy and healthy baby :beerchug: :beer:

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Congratulations.

For future reference, WE are not prgenant. You did your part & had fun. Now she will suffer for months for your pleasure, which in turn means YOU suffer for years:D
Don't buy the we crap. She is pregnant, she pukes, she gets a big belly, she has cravings, she see's the doctor 5gazillion times, she gets prodded & poked(not by you this time), she get nasty "water" on her shoes, she suffers the pain & humiliation of a staff looking at her %^*& (while she pushes a 7,8,9lb child through an opening smaller than your fist & her boobs swell(which CAN be good, if you're under 2years old) & she won't sleep for 4 more years, or longer.

You, on the other hand, will live with a hormonally deranged stranger, bent on your very destruction for the next 18months or so. If you want to participate in the "birthig process", do EXACTLTY what she tells you, don't drink, smoke, masturbate, smile, have fun or even look at her like that, unless she expresly allows it. Do all the housework, cook, wait on her hand & foot. NEVER, EVER, EVER answer her correctly to the question "Am I fat?" or any similar interogation. THAT, last, IS A MUST!!! or you will die. My deepest symapthys to you-it's a long, grueling road you have undertaken my friend. Enjoy.

The rules are now different. You are about to become a DAD It is the most unforgiving, unappreciated, underpaid job ever taken and it's worth it's weight in gold times infinity :jump: