AC/DC Preps Live DVD

S

s4

[QUOTEURL=http://www.billboard.com/billboard/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1089536]Veteran Australian hard rock act AC/DC will release "Stiff Upper Lip Live" -- a concert DVD captured during a stop on the band's most recent tour -- Dec. 4 through Elektra. Featuring 21 songs, the set clocks in at 140 minutes with special features; a VHS version featuring only the concert will also be available.
[/QUOTEURL]

I always enjoy AC/DC. Makes me feel like a kid again.:laugh:

Attachments

• acdc2.gif
    acdc2.gif
    8.6 KB · Views: 13

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
If they'd only use some Bon Scott footage, instead of the hack wanna-be Bon, Brian:scared:

S

s4

It's true that Bon Scott really was better, but it's not Brian's fault that Bon isn't with the band. Brain is talented and could front a lot of rock bands and be successful. He might not be Bon, but he did a great job on songs like "Hells Bells", "Have a Drink on Me", and the list goes on. Angus is still a hellofa musician.:beerchug:

I think a seperate dvd with only Bon Scott footage would probably sell on its own too even though the songs are 20 years old.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I never liked Brian Jonson, so it's a personal. He was a good repalcement for Bon-they've only gotten more popular in the last 2 decades. I just miss the soul that Bon brought to AC\DC, which Brian lacks.

They'll never release a Bon anything as long as the group is together. It would outsell the current stuff & create friction in the band.

S

s4

I agree that Bon had one of those distinct voices that is of the callibur of the legends in Rock. He couldn't have been replaced by anyone no matter who they were.

I was sitting around drinking beer 20 years ago one New Years Eve and the first song they played after midnight was "Highway to Hell". At the time, I thought they were the absolute best rock band on the planet.:smash: I don't know that I would say that now, but I was a punk kid back then.

stumble biscuit

Bon Scott's voice dripped of midnight evil. It seemed as real as ole Scratch himself if he really exists and even if he doesn't, I think he did for awhile at least in Scott's voice. A few songs really stood out for me, "Walk All Over You" really impressed upon my stoned teen mind of just how real Bon Scott's voice was and how perfectly evil it sounded. Right up there with some of Oswald's early Sabbath stuff imo. Musically of course, Sabbath was a lot heavier churn, not so much better talent musically, just heavier and more menacing imo.

I pretty much quit listening to AC/DC altogether when Back In Black came out and imho that album was the best album they have released to date without Scott. That Johnson cat just always seemed fake to me for some reason.