24 hours later...

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
5PM-so, momma (read my wife) makes ribs & green beans for dinner. mmm, mmm good. Coven goes out to play, I head to the computer, momma goes outside.

an hour later, she laying on the couch in pain, thinking, initially, it's gas. after a few more hours & several family members happen by, her sister takes her to the ER because it's getting worse. we think appendicitis.

2 hours later, my sis-in-law calls & says her white blod count is up & they're calling the surgeon. (it's now almost midnight). I get my nephew from next door to come sleep on the couch, keeping an ear out for Coven, who is back to school.

12:45-I barely make it in the door, as they are wheeling her to surgery. *kiss kiss, hug hug* & down to the waiting room. Her sister & I are joined by 2 more sisters & her mom. We sit around until almost 2:30 before the surgeon comes out. Not gas, not appendicitis. It was a bowel obstruction, caused by her surgery last year.

Tonight she's home, sore & missing a non-functioning organ & a little bit of intestine. I'm exhausted from 4 hours sleep, taking him to school, showering, going to the hospital, going to work (for 2 hours), picking him & her up & doing dishes.

Moral of the story-you just don't know until it's done.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
:thup:

Ain't life a bitch? Just when you think you have it figured out...glad she's ok.

BigDadday

Everday People
Gonzo I can relate more than you think but the surgery part was not done. I was rushed at 4 am to the hospital with chest painsd and after 6+ hours of testing etc it is not my heart but a possibility of my gallbladder,or gastric ulcer or dewadwim ulcers.:( Glad she is doing well and my wife also was missing alot of zzzzzzz's as well cuz of me.BD

leslie

A duodenum (duodenal) ulcer, I have one, it's not such a huge thing, hope for your sake it's that :)

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
BigDadday said:
Gonzo I can relate more than you think but the surgery part was not done. I was rushed at 4 am to the hospital with chest painsd and after 6+ hours of testing etc it is not my heart but a possibility of my gallbladder,or gastric ulcer or dewadwim ulcers.:( Glad she is doing well and my wife also was missing alot of zzzzzzz's as well cuz of me.BD

Damn, BD, you can't buy a break, can you? Good to see you back posting again, though.

Gonzo

Staff member
flavio, it was the appendix...

she's still in pain & suffering mode, but doing better

thanks all

Gonzo

Staff member
she's still sore but much better...maybe doing her chores in a day or two & there are now a lot of them :roflmao: