XiBase Contests

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Ok. Here's the deal. It's still gonna have to get ok'd by Neo and fury, but were going to have a few contests here. I've got two Intel PIII processors, an 800EB and a 850, both in Slot 1 form factor. At this point, the nature of the contests is unknown. I will however be the member who will give them away. The rules are also unknown too. (Boy, I've two contests running and I don't even know what the hell they are. :lol: :lol: :lol: ). So let's get some input and make it known that XiBase is having a few contests for a couple of processors. Pictures to follow up here. I've just gotta get my camera hooked up to the computer.

Throw some ideas out here peoples. What would be a good contest? When should the contest end? Should the contests happen together or at different times? Come on now...throw some ideas out here.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Bring it on! :beerchug:

I think we should make the contest based on who posts the most during the contest period :D :D :D

j/k :lol:

My idea is to make it based on who contributes the most to the forum. I don't mean quantity, but quality. For instance, the one who gives the most attention to detail in answering questions or posts in the forum (like not just replying "Step 1: Uninstall Windows. Step 2: Install Linux" when someone posts about a problem in Windows or something, but actually giving thought to the post and making it as helpful or informative as possible) and generally doesn't spam like hell giving half-assed replies to posts all around just to get their post count up (I know, I know, I'm guilty of what I just said, but even if it was determined by post count, I wouldn't enter the contest anyway :lol: )

Another good idea would be just to pick a random number ranging from 1 to how many users we have at the end of the contest period as long as the user has more than x amount of posts (say 50 or so)

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Sounds good. We can use one of the procs for the forums and the other for something else. Do you think we should have a way of entering so we know who is and isn't trying to win? I myself am disqualified on the grounds that I'm the one giving them away.

So whatever I say in the forums is just me, and yes, 1) Uninstall Windows 2)Install Linux is a perfectly good example of me. :D j/k

Here are few ideas for the other proc:

1) Best in-depth software or hardware review written
2) Best HOW-TO written (for those who prefer Linux)
3) Best technical article written about a computer related subject
4) The first person to actually get a date with Spirit (have to ahve proof) :D

Ok. So those are my ideas as of now. I'm trying to thinkof some more. Please submit youre here. Fury, what does Neo think of this?

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Im in to posty. I will disqualify myself, but think this is a great idea. The 2 different is great, everyone is getting tired of me always posting in the front of the board so if its a article or something similiar we could also post them on the front.

Kruz

Staff member
how about recruiting ? who ever brings in the most new members (by referral) in say..a month gets one.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
The 800EB, SL458:
800_1.JPG

800_2.JPG

The 850, SL4BW:

850_1.JPG

850_2.JPG

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I like your ideas, posty :D

Best article(s) sounds like a very good idea for the second processor.

Of course, I am definitely disqualifying myself from the contest, but that doesn't mean I'm going to make half-assed posts or any of that stuff. :lol:

Is it just me or does that 850 look more like an 850e? The small sized core is kind of a dead giveaway, but stop me if I'm wrong :retard:

BigDadday

Everday People
How about who tells the most jokes huh huh huh???????

As to bringing in members I thought that's what we were supposed to do in the first place. Spread the word! I think you have to come up with a very novel one as it also can bring new members in as well and you must remember that in doing this they may only be here for 1 reason and that is a chance at winning period.

You all know who is who and who also knows and does what for whoever so that is a no brainer as it seems like that would be a lopsided idea to some.

This is just an example and whoever the person runing this has to be honest and fair for what I'm about to say. (PostCode nothing personal just a staement) Take a number from 1 to 500 and insert it into an envelope and seal it and hide it.:) Then run the contest that if you guess what that number is you win. The person who posts that number first with the board will be the winner and if nobody does the closest one. Try running it for 3 months with only 1 vote per member and see how many new ones apply just to get to be able to guess on it.

That's my humble suggestion,BD

I also would have 2 contests as it would and hopefully bring more peeps in.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by PostCode
850/256/100/1.7v

Just a standard PIII 850
256kb cache and 1.7v = Coppermine = P3 850e ;) (e stands for enhanced core, IIRC, and b stands for 133fsb)

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Originally posted by PostCode

4) The first person to actually get a date with Spirit (have to ahve proof) :D

I like you more and more every day, Posty! :D

Ok, my problem. I am kind of a computer idiot so anything to do with quality posts written about computers leaves me in the dust.

HOWEVER!!!! I *can* take myself out on a date and take pictures of me dancing with myself and later making out with myself. Do I qualify???

:D

dimme

Originally posted by Spirit

I like you more and more every day, Posty! :D

Ok, my problem. I am kind of a computer idiot so anything to do with quality posts written about computers leaves me in the dust.

HOWEVER!!!! I *can* take myself out on a date and take pictures of me dancing with myself and later making out with myself. Do I qualify???

:D

:D That would disqualify me :)

<------------- *pointing at my location*

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Unc!!!!!!!! I LOVE your avatar's smilie hat eye thing!!!!!!! Oh man... too funny.

and yes... you may have a date.. but you have to bring the processor with you and install it on my computer :)

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Nice try you two. :D :D Looks like it's going to be a guessing game though for the first proc. However, all members, new members, and moderators will be allowed to enter. hehe I'll be posting the complete rules for it here ina day or so. Looks like were going to start the contest the first of the new year.

unclehobart

this is my special title
But... but... I have undergarment trophies in hand. Gimmie gimmie. Dont let Spirits sacrifice be in vain. Surely the horrors of one date with me is more than sufficient for a dusty old cpu.