World series predictions.....D'Backs get Spankeed!

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
Too bad you've got a dumbass coach in Seattle, markjs. Hasselbeck lost again, while streaky Dilfer rots on the bench, and Holmgren flushes the toilet that he's crapping the team in again. Nothing beats football, especially around here now. The WS game probably barely made page 3 of the sports sections around here because of the Bears awesome come from behind victory over the hated 49ers yesterday. This is a football town, no doubt about it. How does football rate in Seattle, and other cities for that matter? I know Green Bay, Cleveland, Dallas, and a few other cities are just as crazy about football as us, but I don't know about all of them. I feel that baseball fans see just how bad the WS has become, it's just who can spend the most money, period. It's a joke, and hopefully next season the lockout will help correct it. Also getting rid of two teams may help, since there's too many already in bad markets such as Montreal. In fact, there've been talks often (although not too much lately) about the White Sox moving out of Chicago because they draw terrible as well, especially last year and early this year for the team they had. They looked great on paper, but when David Wells was proven to be just as bad a pitcher this year as Harold Baines was a hitter, they collapsed. Still, early on in the season they were picked to be a good, if not great, team, and should've sold out many of their games. Donald Pher, and that judge (I forget that bitch's name) who awarded the players almost a total victory from the strike is what's one of the biggest problems in baseball. There's no salary cap, so the only thing preventing the Yankees from buying the World Series is someone else paying just as much for it (like Arizona), and the small market teams under the current system have as good a chance of winning the World Series as I have of winning the lottery 3 weeks in a row.

markjs

QuackHead
Well Stop Laughing its very true of baseball....championships go to the highest bidder! Around here we love our Mariners, who have fielded a great team on a low budget (30 million less then the Yankees), and proven that its not all about money. You have to give Yankee management credit as well, even though the money is the main issue, there is much more to the formula for success as well and they damn well have it! Money is the reason why our Seahawks play that awful Matt Hasselbeck....they gave him a big fattie contract and now they feel bound to get their money's worth so they let a proven winner like Trent Dilfer rot on the bench. Still the Salary cap has made football competitive again and we are having a fun season! I enjoyed immensely watching my second favorite team the N.O. Saints kick some Ram butt! Baseball needs to get a clue and follow footballs example. As for Seattle, we are currently a baseball town, because we have only fair weather fans.....they watch their own teams when they are winning and abandon them otherwise. The Seahawks havent sold out a home game sindce I can remember, so they are blacked out from TV on every home game. (thats a stupid ass rule)

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
hehehehehe

Kinda da funny eh Gonzo, I was just telling you last night how Jeter is not playing like the Jeter of past WS then BOOM! Game winning homerun.

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
HA HA HA HA HA!

One out away and they still can win. Should make for some good ball games this weekand.

markjs

QuackHead
I stand by my prediction...the Yankees WILL win the series....money in the bank! I hate it but its a fact. Remember you heard it here first!

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Does anyone else think that Randy Johnson is over his post-season slump
15-2, AZ WINS

Arizona set a World Series record for hits in a game, getting 21 in the first six innings against the New York Yankees in Game 6 Saturday night.

The previous mark of 20 was set by the New York Giants against the Yankees in a 13-5 win in Game 3 in 1921. The St. Louis Cardinals matched it against the Boston Red Sox in a 12-3 victory in Game 4 in 1946.

markjs

QuackHead
All I can say is wow that was cool! I have never been happier to be wrong!!! It was beautiful watching those spoiled Yankees nearly in tears tasting the defeat that they rightly deserved!

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
THAT has to go into the record books as one of theTop5 World Series ever-3 bottom of the 9th comebacks, the pitching:cry: damn a beautiful sight

Attachments

• dbacks gonzo.jpg
    dbacks gonzo.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 16