World series predictions.....D'Backs get Spankeed!

markjs

QuackHead
Yanks in 5. Although I loathe and despise the Spankees and I'd love to see the D'backs win, the highest payroll in baseball will roll right over them and their pitching.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
markjs on 8/4/01 said:
is my own Seattle Mariners. The record speaks for itself...consider we have not lost a road series and have not lost 3 games in a row all year. If we lose a playoff series this year it will be a fluke because as it satnds so far nobody plays better.

First time for everything :p

I said it before and I'll say it again:

Huge on 7/25/01 said:
What has Seattle done in the postseason? I'm not denying that they're having a great season, but postseason is a whole new kettle of fish. Take a look at Atlanta; how many division titles did they win in the '90's vs how many championships...

It was a good series, but in last night's game, anything that could go wrong for Seattle did go wrong. Mind you I didn't see the entire game (I was flipping between MNF) but that 8th inning was a complete disaster for the M's.

See you next year!

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Screw the bunch of ya-Diamondbacks will poison the yanks in 7. Then half the team will retire to Sun City to live out their remaining years on senior citizen status.

Johnson, Williams, Morgan, Schilling, Swindell, Bell, Grace, Findlay, Gonzo & Sanders will be 35 or older next season.

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Looks like the D-backs did the spanking today. Well I'm right so far, D-backs won the first game.

Gonzo

Staff member
*dances aroud the Yankee fans chanting-"9 to 1, 9 to 1 woohoo"*

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
OUCH! We definitely got our asses handed to us last night. :( Don't count us out yet though...it's going to be (hopefully) a long series.

Professur

Mushroom at large
My only prediction is that I won't have watched any of it. It defeats me how you guys can play a whole season and then disregard it completely during the playoffs.

markjs

QuackHead
Hey now! I am glad to see it! Still my original prediction stands, and I believe the Yankees will take the series. I'd much rather see the Dbacks take it for a nice change of pace from the usual automatic Yankees championship.....I just dont think the Yanks are by any means done yet.....never count the Yankees out.....NEVER!

BigDadday

Everday People
Wonder if David Justice had a neck ache like he did in Cleveland last night he didn't play?:D NY will sit you down if you mess up and Ithink that's what happened. POOOOR David.

Also Matt Williams another X indian hit that 3 run home run. Like I always said we needed pitching but now we will need fans at the looks of things.BD

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Originally posted by markjs
Hey now! I am glad to see it! Still my original prediction stands, and I believe the Yankees will take the series. I'd much rather see the Dbacks take it for a nice change of pace from the usual automatic Yankees championship.....I just dont think the Yanks are by any means done yet.....never count the Yankees out.....NEVER!

I agree; we were hoping for a split, didn't happen due to excellent pitching on Arizona's part. Pettitte pitched well but Johnson and Schilling were overpowering. Now the series comes back to NY. It'll be tough to send it back to AZ, but as in '96 and in this year's ALDS, it can happen. Definitely do not count the Yanks out yet...

And Bush will be at the game; it's going to be chaotic here tomorrow...

Gonzo

Staff member
Huge, it HAS to go back to AZ-the series is a 2-3-2 format. So, unless the 'Backs get lucky & take 2 of 3 in NY, they'll win the series at home:eh:

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
My prediction:

Game 3 will have 1/4 of the TV ratings that MJ's first regular season game will draw. :D Besides, watching the Yankees in the WS is like watching reruns, that's why their ratings are so crappy.

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Or could it be that they waited until Saturday to start it. They could have started it on Thursday and game four would be today.
What about having afternoon games on the weekend. I don't want to watch baseball on a Saturday night, that time slot is for hockey!:D

I just hope it goes more than 5 games.

markjs

QuackHead
I'll not be watching MJ....I despise basketball! But if there was a football game on you can bet I'd watch it instead of the Yankees....even if it was like the Lions vs the Redskins.....