Unlocking my XP1800+ !!! Large Pics !!!

ronz8168

What mobo and hsf you are using to oc ur cpu? I have ga-7vrxp and I can't overclock it over 1.78Ghz. Everything boots fine, even burn-in test passed but I couldn't execute serious sam 2 and some other programs, they just crash when I execute them.

Can someone tell me what is going on? need you help guys, thanks! BTW I unlocked my cpu already.:confused:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
How high is the FSB?

Sometimes burn-in tests will pass while real-world games will crash. This may be due to how the burn-in test operates. If it runs a loop of intense calculations that are mostly processor speed dependent and not FSB dependent, it may pass whereas games require both a stable FSB and a stable processor speed.

What is the original speed of it, and what stepping is it?

Kruz

Staff member
ronz8168 said:
What mobo and hsf you are using to oc ur cpu? I have ga-7vrxp and I can't overclock it over 1.78Ghz. Everything boots fine, even burn-in test passed but I couldn't execute serious sam 2 and some other programs, they just crash when I execute them.

Can someone tell me what is going on? need you help guys, thanks! BTW I unlocked my cpu already.:confused:

see updated sig:D