tell me the worst thing about 2001

K

krusty

well here ya go....all true

obviously the WTC tradgey is worst, but in reverse order....

my best friend shot himself in the head, not dead but screwed up beyond recognition

my ex GF is now a prostitute and obviously has no respect for herself or me.

both my parents became too senile/incapable of looking after themselves, I was given power of attorney over their welfare and had to commit them both to full time care.

On a lighter note...

JJR bite me... your wussy problems are shit.... get a better job or two to support your family before you start whining about how tough life is.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
As morbid as it sounds, I wished I died on 9/11. If I get in one more fight down here with some hick who snapping pictures and bringing his 103 kids, asking cops how to get in closer so he can show the folks back home...for the past week they've been knocking down 5 WTC, a place I've spent extensive time in and where my bank used to be. I do not like living in this world anymore.

krusty, when are you going to be around for a chat?

K

krusty

yeah Hugey, we all know the WTC attack was the worst thing... but you survived...think about it.

You're here for a reason buddy.

unclehobart

this is my special title
I guess the worst thing that has happened to me is that there havent been too many highs or lows... its all been wavering right above and below the line all year. Life is puttering along on its monochromatic vanilla flavored path. I'm feeling the need for a jolt in my life... for the good or bad. I act best in crisis, but have spent my life minimizing such crises... it seems that life is not without a sense of irony.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
Krusty - You don't mean the Xi member girlfriend do you?

I can't really complain to much about this year, it's been pretty good overall. I'd have to say the worst part was cutting my finger halfway through because of a bagel. Other than that, a goood friend of mine in Phoenix got laid off as a direct result of the 9/11 incident and now collects unemployment and smokes crack part-time. If he stays at it there's a good chance it could become full time though.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
So much tragedies happenig with folks here. Knock on wood people!
krusty That sucks man, I think none here would like to be in your shoes, but that doesn't mean JJR's problems are light IMPOV. I wish better days for you.
Huge Krust is right, you're one of the nicest guys I've found on net, your death would only have made the loss greater. You wouldn't like that would you? cheer up dude!
Shadowfax geez man, six relatives that's :scared:
unc I know what you mean, my life is the same tasteless middle term, but when it comes to break the standards, it's always for bad. I don't recall the last time I had a really good time.
Well, my worst for the year:
-my parents divorced, I'm gonna have to take care of my mother;
-my cousin killed his wife in front of my godson with a knife. I will have to strenght my share of help to the boy too.
-I've got a cool christmas gift: I'm being kicked out of my job before the end of the year.

Damn, unbelieveble! I thought I had problems, but in one thread you read all this horror. You read problems, read even greater problems, and if you think you had it all, you read even more greater problems....

And then people still dare to ask why I'm always so depressed.
Life sucks sometimes.

Best whishes for everybody, and happy holidays with all the people you love!

K

krusty

I guess the old saying "there's always someone worse off than yourself" applies here.

This isn't sposed to make anyone depressed, just be thankful if you've had a reasonable year.

don't buy into other folks problems and you'll be ok.

soniclos

Things can always get worse.

People (at least most) will remember the bad times more than the good.

A better thread would be the good things of 2001 (even if i will not have much to contribute)

Acid

stud
just say you retired :p

heh. sorry to hear that :(

school started is the bad thing. I wish it'd go away.

BigDadday

Everday People
Sorry to hear that Fuse but you were looking for a job when you landed that one so just keep looking and here's hoping you get one that pays more,less hours,and an expense account;).

Me as you've read I've had my problems and am careful what I'm typing now as it may become a legal matter if need be. Just wish people would realize that when you work someplace for 24 years and a re a good employee when something happens you are not "plotting" against the company etc etc etc,BD

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Like I said above I'm being kicked outn too. Now I've got some choice. I can be absorbed by a third part company that will provide services for this one. Payment will be the same but will get a hard cut in benefits. I'm not sure if I accept or no. My heart is tearing me to not go in to this, but my head says I must stay. I think I really need to prepare myself better before looking for another job. I know I will end following the voice of reason as I always did, but crap, I'm always unhappy :cry: