should the war in Afganistan be over soon?

S

s4

I hear a lot of talk about the war on tv. Some politicians and leaders have been saying that maybe we should be not have a long drawn-out campain over in Afganistan. What do you think? Should the war be over before all of the military objectives are completed to keep the other Arab nations satisified particularly with their religious holliday coming up next month? I don't understand the purpose of going there if the US is not going to be committed to seeing it through. I am just looking to see what everyone else thinks about this.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
IMO, they should end the war as soon as possible, preferrably before nukes have to be used and more innocent people are killed.

The terrorist factions are their only target, and the fact that innocents are dying in the mission to kill the terrorists is unacceptable no matter what race they are.

S

s4

I think destroying terrorist training camps and capturing the bad guys one one.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I heard on GMA this morning that the taliban is strategically parking all their vital important stuff in and next to mosques now. They also poisoned food we sent in to feed the innocent afgani people...and told them the US sent it there poisoned in an attempt to turn even more people against us. Screw the Taliban. I think we should stay there as long as we need to.

I am in no way advocating the injury or death of innocent people, but I just don't think we can back down.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Want to end the war right now-give the Israelis Florida, move them all there, move the Floridians to wherever they wanna go, pull all westerners out of the middle-east & western Asia, tell the Islamic radicals & those who support them that if they are caught more than 5 miles into Int'l airspace or over a friendly country they will be shot down-no holds barred. Stop all support & food to that region, get our oil elsewhere & see how long they last. They can have radios & TVs that are already there but NO MORE WESTERN HELP. We'll check on them in 5 years to see if they are ready to leave the middle-ages.

S

s4

Wouldn't it be better to move the Israelis to Cuba? I mean who's gonna notice the difference?:D

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Originally posted by s4
Wouldn't it be better to move the Israelis to Cuba? I mean who's gonna notice the difference?:D

Works for me:beerchug:

punkass

Originally posted by fury
IMO, they should end the war as soon as possible, preferrably before nukes have to be used and more innocent people are killed.

The terrorist factions are their only target, and the fact that innocents are dying in the mission to kill the terrorists is unacceptable no matter what race they are.

Right Bill, and we can just sit here and wait for the next hand dealt us. Instead of ending the game right here, lets fold and wait. :rolleyes: Some people just aren't capable of dealing with reality. That kind of thinking is what put us in this position in the first place.

Doubt me?

We have done exactly what you suggest for a decade or more. The terrorists don't care and we will not live if we do. Now is the time for us to show our capacity for brutality. Anything less invites more terrorism. Am I the only one who understands this?

punkass

Originally posted by Gonzo
Want to end the war right now-give the Israelis Florida, move them all there, move the Floridians to wherever they wanna go, pull all westerners out of the middle-east & western Asia, tell the Islamic radicals & those who support them that if they are caught more than 5 miles into Int'l airspace or over a friendly country they will be shot down-no holds barred. Stop all support & food to that region, get our oil elsewhere & see how long they last. They can have radios & TVs that are already there but NO MORE WESTERN HELP. We'll check on them in 5 years to see if they are ready to leave the middle-ages.

Thats about as idiotic a suggestion as I've ever heard, no offense. :rolleyes:

Anyway, lets not pussyfoot.

If we are to win we need to, seriously, bomb the hell out of everything between Egypt and Pakistan. And don't doubt for a second that we could. We can and will probably end up doing it sooner or later anyway.

Reality is this: the terrorists aren't Afghani's. The terrorists are from the general area though, most from Saudi Arabia who are not being very supportive right now. As far as we are concerned they should be responsible for getting their rogue citizen Osama Bin Laden and all of his buddies. They haven't and we should have demanded it. Americans need to start being Americans or you will soon have no military to defend you. Take this more seriously before you are forced to. You think that the 15-20 terrorists did damage? Just wait, as you suggest. :rolleyes: You don't know but there are thousands of potential terrorists in each country over there including: Iraq (obviously), Iran, Syria, Turkey, Pakistan, Jordan, UAE, Egypt, Kuwait (YES), Saudi Arabia, and even Italy and several African countries. And lets not forget those who infiltrate our allies like England, Japan, Germany and Russia. They are there.

I'm not trying to be an ass but much of what I have read here is pretty pathetic and that is a kind word for it. If you are an American then stand up and be counted before you are no longer here to be accounted for. These Islamic Nutcases aren't ****ing around. This is not a joke. There are literally thousands of crazy people over there and all over the world (even here) that are willing to do away with civilization. Us leaving the area or just trying to kiss their asses for several years will not work. (Our security is Burger King-like employees)They want us all dead and they will find a way. We have nothing to offer them other than our lives. Don't doubt that fact.

We will either hang or be hung. And we should really make that decision now instead of waiting for a nuke to go off in several major American cities simultaneously. I know which side I'm on and I am enlisted to defend this country.

I just wish that more of my fellow citizens are as dedicated and pay as much attention to the reality as I do. TV is a lie so stop watching that crap. I have no idea why they put 99% of that bile on there when that stuff isn't what we need to know as Americans and free people. I swear, I don't hate anyone but you must deal with irrationality in a certain way and know for a fact that hiding from it is not the answer.

Everyone should have figured that out by now!

We cannot quit attacking them and in my opinion we are going to lose if we keep playing political games with the world in this. Believe me, we haven't even made a dent yet because of politics. I don't know what it takes for us to REALLY defend ourselves but so far we have done very very little considering our potential and the fact that we are going to take another mainland attack, something that has never happened for a very very long time before Sept.11th. I mean, almost 200 years!

So get off of the couch and remember that "you are either with us or against us" actually meant something because you may be facing a choice similar to those who server under G.W. 225 years ago.

S

s4

I know that some of you are not going to agree but what punkass
says makes a lot of sense. I'm not very happy about the way our politicans are so worried about the religious holliday next month over there, and some even went so far as to say the US might be finished in the campain soon. We didn't start this thing or ask for it. They attacked us on our own soil.

It's one thing to say that you don't want any innocent people killed over there, but think about this. We had innocent people killed here in the US. We didn't ask for the war, it was forced on us. I don't see that we have the choice of finishing it or not. If we leave these people out there to try again, imagine what they will do next. You might not want any innocent Arabs dead, but wait until they attack our cities again. You might change your mind. The way I see it we have no choice but to defend our country.

I am 36 years old and never really gave much thought to joining the military. However, the attack on September 11th made me wish that I was young and strong again so I could join. It's one thing to waive the flag around and yell USA, but it's another to stand behind it and mean it.

S

s4

I left Force3d BBS because people over there called me ignorant when I said it's a fact that innocent people will be hurt in these kinds of conflicts. They were defending the Arabs over there saying that those poor innocent Afgan people need to be unharmed and left alone. They couldn't accept that there would be any loss of life in Afganistan except for bin Laden. They called me ignorant. I didn't say I liked it, but it just happens that's all.
I wondered who's side they were on and left the board. I told them I was leaving the board and haven't been back since.

I hope someone is not going to tell me that this is an issue involving another board and "we hear at Xi are not interested in your problems at another bbs". To that I will reply put a sock in it. This is America, and we have freedom of speech.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Don't get bent out of shape s4; I don't give a rat's ass what other websites have to say. They wanted a "holy" war; now they got a war (whether they deem it "holy" or not, who tf cares). If what some of the other posters say is true, then they are indeed cowards and we need to not only wipe out this regime, but all other known terrorists out there and Saddam too.

I'm getting mighty sick of seeing that hole a block away from me and everytime I do, I get very angry. We're in this for the long haul. Anything short of victory is not an option.

S

s4

I'm just getting a little worked up. American got attacked by terrorists, and I'm still plenty upset about it.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
I know, we all are. Just imagine if you got to see it in person. :mad:

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
If we fail to take a lesson from the Gulf War, then we are, indeed, in for repeated attacks of the type carried out on 9/11.

We failed to complete the mission in 91. We left the Iraqi leadership in place. Bush handed our balls to the UN, and now it looks like we may be paying a price. Iraq isone of only 3 nations with the capability to manufacture anthrax of the quality being sent via mail right now (the other 2 being the US and Russia, and guess who's most likely to sell the stuff).

My point is that not only should this be a protracted and thorough campaign in Afghanistan, it should also be extended to other governments where these vermin hide. Nothing short of total victory and decimation of terrorist assets globally should be considered acceptable. It that requires years (and it probably will) so be it.

punkass

Originally posted by s4
I'm just getting a little worked up. American got attacked by terrorists, and I'm still plenty upset about it.

I'll work you up anytime there, S4? ;)

There is nothing that we should be thinking about other than defending our lifestyle and citizenship in this country. If anyone has any sympathies for those people who choose to stand in our way then I recommend a trip to NYC.

That should be enough of a visual to arm every American citizen.

Wake the **** up!

The fact that our politicians are floundering right now is pathetic. If there is a collection of pussies among us I see them all on Capitol Hill! To an American, they are committing treason with everything that they do and say. It's truely pathetic in the most extreme case. :mad: They aren't thinking about us as Americans. They are all wound up about their own international interests.

We, as Americans, have no choice other than to protect our own American interests. The US military will not go on fighting without support. We can only serve the will of the people and I know that the majority of Americans want us to finish this. I only wish that we were allowed to do it the right way.

Screw the Afghani civilians, unless you have no value of your own life and your family's future, that is!

People, this is far far from over and I hope that you all realize this fact. We will make a decision, either now or in a year or two. I'm just hoping that enough of us decide that enough is enough NOW! :mad: :mad:

Don't want to change the subject or anything, but to be honest I think running away from Force3D was really overreactive, s4.

I've read that post, and I know that people didn't agree with you and said you were ignorant. So what?
I assume that that kind of shit happens to you in RL too, and you don't run away too, do you?

It's no complaint about you s4, but you should really lighten up a little some times. Who cares what some ****ers who don't know you think about you through a glasfiber cable?
I couldn't care less about what people on BBS's think about me. They don't know me, and if that want to judge me, they can do say; I don't care.

Like I said before, don't feel offended by me or anyone around here of where ever. I don't know you, they don't know you, so why would you care if they would judge you.

Just a thought.

patweb

Eater of Hot Peppered Steak
Wednesday- Drop leaflets over Kabul. "You have two days to leave the city or die".

Thursday, Fly overs, food drops and troop insertions around the city (staging done well in advance).

Friday morning, blow the f#&K out of the city, no holds barred.

Friday afternoon. Take the rubble. Hold the rubble. Allow the civilians to return if they want.

If the citizens are shacking up with the Taliban (Vietnam?), then they have to go togather. Harsh reality.

Establish the new government there, create a militia to hold the city and move northwest.