POTPOURRI THREAD

unclehobart

this is my special title
(pushes a toilet brush back across the table with the word 'baton' hastily scribbled upon the handle back to Flavo-Flav)

unclehobart

this is my special title
Thats a legit question. I have used it before. It refers to the one true ring in The Lord of the Rings trilogy. It was part of the riddle game in the book The Hobbit.

btw- your sigs meaning just dawned on me.... you sicko :eek: :D

flavio

superfly
Staff member
Heheh....I wonder what percentage get the sig. :D

OK, who would win in a fight, Wolverine or Lobo?

unclehobart

this is my special title
(bah.. I found a cool fight pic between the two but I couldn't get it to post. I've edited it out so we all don't have stare at that damn red x) I say Wolverine. Hes just too bad a mofo to lose.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
I thought this one up in a hurry because I was ready to leave work. I thought someone would be all over it by now.

I re-phrase it from "who would win" to "who did win".

Bonus points if you can tell me what they did right after.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
heheh....either unc or gonzo is correct :D

baton goes to first person that submits proof.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I think Lobo and Wolverine were secretly gay (hence the extreme macho bravado shit) and they whorked off into the sunset together after a fake battle and now they run a boutique in the French Quarter.

What do I get?

I never heard of Lobo and Wolverine :D

flavio

superfly
Staff member
Ok, Gonzo changed his answer and gave proof.

and since I have all 4 of the DC vs. Marvel 4 part series that I got during my brief stint in comic book collecting 5-6 years ago, his link has also notified me that each book is now worth 5 cents more than I paid for it.

No wonder some people make a career out of it.

Baton to Gonzo.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
at 5cents a copy-you'll be rich in-maybe 10000years :lol:

What is the name of the Gunslinger & town from which the Gunslinger hails.

Gonzo

Staff member
I re-worded the question to reflect what I meant in a more precise manner :smash:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
The Gunslinger is definately Roland. Roland of Gilead.
Guess the town is Gilead.

Gonzo

Staff member
Hail Gunslinger-yer the first to riddle me correctly, ye may have this baton as a prize-now run with it & quiz more in the Fatherland of Gilead & beyond-beware the Dark Tower & the Man in Black-These are dark days................ :beerchug:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
*snatches baton...I might need this in L&C*

The quote 'The Present Day Composer Refuses To Die' appeared in the liner notes of several Frank Zappa albums. To whom is this quote attributed?