Ohio Highway Patrol Sux

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I'm currently in a Kenworth K800 daycab. We have 3- 48' & 1- 53' trailer. You Buckeyes need to take your state back. The troopers there need something to do besides harassing motorists, especially professional drivers:D

br0ck

Gonzo said:
I'm currently in a Kenworth K800 daycab. We have 3- 48' & 1- 53' trailer. You Buckeyes need to take your state back. The troopers there need something to do besides harassing motorists, especially professional drivers:D

See the difference is, us Ohioans know where the speed traps are. Rt 24 and Rt 6 are speed traps out by Napolean. Know, I would never speed around that area so I'd never get a ticket there. It's easy money knabbing out of staters in those speed traps.

Besides,

Welcome to Ohio, the birthplace of Aviation! :D :D

br0ck

UltraLiberty said:
Q said:
Can you fight the ticket? Is there anyway to prove you weren't at the location they claim to have clocked you at?

How do they know who you are when they are in an airplane?

What sucks about the airplane issue is that they don't use RADAR guns for those. Just a simple Rate=Distance*Time. You'll see white bars on the shoulder of the roads and then you'll see another later on up the road. When you see them and an airplane is above timing you. Then you're screwed if you are speeding.

This is getting better, Gonzo, I hope you are not taking the Ohio Turnpike. They are proposing to give tickets when you exit the turnpike. Lets say you leave exit 2 and went to exit 13. This would take 2 hours at 65mph. When you turn in your timestamped turnpike ticket when you pull off on exit 13, and it says that you left exit 2 at 1hour and 45minutes ago.

YOU WERE SPEEDING!

God I hope they don't ever pass shit like this.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Why do truckers, who drive 10-20x more miles per year than 4-wheelers hafta drive slower-we are the experts

Because the vehicle you're driving weighs 10-20x what that little honda civic you're about to run over does.

br0ck

UltraLiberty said:
br0ck said:
Welcome to Ohio, the birthplace of Aviation! :D :D
When the world's first airplane was flown at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina (part of NC's Outer Banks)?

And the Wright Bros grew up and lived ?? That's right Dayton, Ohio. (Hence, the University of Dayton Flyers) Dayton, Ohio doesn't have barren grounds and wide open areas like the dunes of NC. When you go to NC, you see "First in Flight". Ya, that's because the Orville and Wilbur went down to the barren open land to put there first plane in flight.

Wright Bros

UltraLiberty

I know where the Wright brothers are from. I know why they went to NC. All that does not change the fact that the first airplane flight was in NC.

br0ck

UltraLiberty said:
I know where the Wright brothers are from. I know why they went to NC. All that does not change the fact that the first airplane flight was in NC.

So what was your question? I saw your question mark and figured you were confused.

UltraLiberty

Just wondering how you could call Ohio the birthplace of aviation when it is NC. But now I understand what you meant was that Ohio is the birthplace of the guys who built and flew the first airplane. Not quite the same as the birth of aviation, but whatever. S'all good! :)