Ohio Highway Patrol Sux

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I got a ticket today for doing 65 in a 55(truck speeds are all 55). Well, I wasn't going that fast & they got me with VASCAR from a plane. The only problem for them is, I wasn't at the location that they "clocked" me. 65/55 at MP 10 on US24 E...I was at MP12 at the US6 to US24 cloverleaf & east.

Get out of the planes & back in your cars & (try to)catch me.

Why do truckers, who drive 10-20x more miles per year than 4-wheelers hafta drive slower-we are the experts

br0ck

US6 and US24?

You must of been close to Napolean. I grew up about 3 miles off of US RT 6. The State Patrol sucks bad!!

br0ck

Oh, when you pass Toledo, give me a wave or flip me off as you see fit! lol :p Rt24 sucks to drive on cause of the curves. I hear about accidents all the time on Rt24. :eek:

Gonzo

Staff member
You got it Brocko, Napoleon speed trap. I avoid 24, it sucks too-either US6 or the green stamp, if I'm farther south US30 is decent.

I always hated OHP but they've never given me a ticket for where I wasn't:lol:

greenfreak

The general rule around here (Dart and Huge, correct me if I'm wrong) is doing 10mph over the limit in a 55 is probably not going to draw a ticket. If you're doing 10mph over in a school zone, then probably. I've passed cops doing 15 over and not gotten tickets--and saw them holding the damn radar gun so I know they were lookin. Although I did get a ticket while doing 85 in a 55 but the ticket said 72 in a 55.

Gonzo

Staff member
The general rule of thumb is les than 10 over & no ticket, 10-14 over, probably & 15+ absolutely. Except Ohio, where it's less than 5.:mad:

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
Sorry ya got busted bro.
I 'ave to agree 'bout Ohio though, Gonz........ Buckeyes are worthless nuts anyhow!!:D

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Can you fight the ticket? Is there anyway to prove you weren't at the location they claim to have clocked you at?

I read where VASCAR isn't all that accurate. It's been a few years, but Car and Driver did an article about RADAR and VASCAR, VASCAR clocked a house at 65mph....the house was not an a trailer on the interstate. It was attached to the foundation on the lot where it was built.:eh:

Gonzo

Staff member
oh, I plan on fighting it. The problem is Oh doesn't allow pleas by mail or phone, so I'll have to drive in Ohio again... twice. Once to plead fucking not guilty & once to fight it. They will not get away with this:D

UltraLiberty

Q said:
Can you fight the ticket? Is there anyway to prove you weren't at the location they claim to have clocked you at?

I read where VASCAR isn't all that accurate. It's been a few years, but Car and Driver did an article about RADAR and VASCAR, VASCAR clocked a house at 65mph....the house was not an a trailer on the interstate. It was attached to the foundation on the lot where it was built.:eh:
Regular RADAR once clocked a tree at 80mph.

I've heard that if you go to court for a radar ticket you should ask to see the certification papers for the radar gun, because they need to be certified accurate and mostly the cops don't bring the papers and if they don't have them they can't convict you for the ticket.

I would go to court for this airplane ticket. How do they know who you are when they are in an airplane? They must have to take a picture of your plate, I guess, but how do they do this from above? Ask to see the picture, if it really wasn't you then either there won't be a picture or it won't be clear. :)

unclehobart

this is my special title
I did that once as a teen... and sure enough, the damn cop had the certification papers onhand for the machine. ... bah.

Gonzo

Staff member
UltraLiberty said:
How do they know who you are when they are in an airplane?

I driver a tractor-trailer, so it's a little easier. However, they go the wrong driver this time.

Gonzo

Staff member
I HATE OHIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was mismarked-it wasn't mp10(well actually it was, mp10 on us24 is the same as mp15 on us6, which is what is used on the road)....

Perry "Gonzo" Mason, winning 5 of 6 west of the Mississippi & 2 of 5 in the midwest, is having a rough streak. I lost to those &**%^^*()*&^%$**()_)_((*&*^$%*(*&)^)^.

However, it took a prosecuting attorney & 2 cops to do it:D...

wtf is the judicial system doing using prosecutors in TRAFFIC court?!?!?!!?!?!??! Don't they know that the rules are spelled out in the "SUPERGONZO guide to law & order"? Murder, rape, treason, other heinous crimes get as many prosecutors as needed to put the bad guy away, but traffic court is supposed to be the issuing officer, the speeder & a judge....

I HATE OHIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gonzo,

Always wanted to chat with a Trucker...

:D

I drive the turnpike in Ohio everyday to work. I always respect the truckers because I know peeps don't realize how long it takes you guys to get going and to stop. I see people dart in front of trucks and then jam on the brakes to get off at an exit or some crap. That is just plain mean.

What kinda rig you drive? Just curious. Always had an interest in Rigs.

Good chattin man. Glad to see you're into computers too :beerchug:

Laterz