I knew Microsoft sucked but ...

S

s4

I didn't think they would go this low:

[QUOTEURL=http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/21851.html]

MS has a new advert for its putatively un-crashable Enterprise Server Software showing two rectangular buildings, not unlike the WTC twin towers, toppling.

The 'art concept' here seems to be the hands of a clock, but both towers are unfortunately leaning in different planes, giving the impression that they're poised to fall.

[/QUOTEURL]

Also, look at the source page: http://news.zdnet.co.uk/story/0,,t269-s2095862,00.html

Attachments

• 630.gif
    630.gif
    21.5 KB · Views: 78

Professur

Mushroom at large
Christ. Are we gonna have to double check every freaking thing we say or do in case it might resemble the WTC disaster? Let it go already.

S

s4

Okay, well if I can't speak my mind here and have to censor myself just to make some jerk happy, I'll leave. Frankly, I wasn't particularly impressed with your comments in the TP&P forum about sports fans and came pretty close to telling you off.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
S4, Prof has as much right to his opinion as you have to yours. I don't believe it was meant as a suggestion that you go away. Have you considered a switch to decaf? ;)

S

s4

I edited my post to keep it civil.

Opinion Poll: Do you think I am overreacting? Gonzo says I don't let people have it when they piss me off, and HomeLAN says I need to switch to decaf. Hell, maybe I'll just lurk so I wont catch it either way.

patweb

Eater of Hot Peppered Steak
Heres one for you even better- (well, maybe not better)

Coup's album cover, was pulled PRIOR to the disaster.

Attachments

• coup.jpg
    coup.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 67

unclehobart

this is my special title
Bubba, Prof isn't slamming you. Its a general commentary about the new PC WTC sensitivity thats going around. Hes telling the world to let it go... not you.

BigDadday

Everday People
Opinion Poll #1

We all are still walking on egg shells and we are still in kaos as they wanted. We are getting on each other for what they have done and tried to do and it will work if we pick each others statements or opinions apart. Respect each statement from all except when they come into our forum with screwy names and even tho we are trying to get back to normal I don't think that is going to happen for a long time.

Gentlemen: Shake hands,shake your heads and post away.

God Bless America is what we all should and are saying and thinking.:beerchug:

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
s4, please don't deny us your input. I'd like to think that everybody's opinions are valued here, as long as nobody takes it personally and starts a bunch of crap that does nobody any good.

That's really all I'm saying here. The part of your post that you edited out didn't offend me, it was more that you seemed to be letting things get to you to the point that you were considering leaving. I don't think Prof's comments were meant to tell you, s4, to shut the hell up (although he'll have to confirm that). :D However, I did think that your comments were meant to tell Prof to shut the hell up, or you'd just go off in a huff. That's why I posted what I did.

Chill out, guy, we enjoy your company, and I don't think you're under any personal attack.

S

s4

Originally posted by HomeLAN
s4, please don't deny us your input. I'd like to think that everybody's opinions are valued here, as long as nobody takes it personally and starts a bunch of crap that does nobody any good.

That's really all I'm saying here. The part of your post that you edited out didn't offend me, it was more that you seemed to be letting things get to you to the point that you were considering leaving. I don't think Prof's comments were meant to tell you, s4, to shut the hell up (although he'll have to confirm that). :D However, I did think that your comments were meant to tell Prof to shut the hell up, or you'd just go off in a huff. That's why I posted what I did.

Chill out, guy, we enjoy your company, and I don't think you're under any personal attack.

No, you have it wrong. My comments were not telling Professur to shut the hell up. His comments telling me to put a sock in it started this. My comments were only telling him that I have a right to my opinion too and if he don't like it he can screw himself. I never told him to shut up, just not to be giving me shit which is what he did.

I don't know where any of you got the idea he was not telling me to shut up.
Christ. Are we gonna have to double check every freaking thing we say or do in case it might resemble the WTC disaster? Let it go already.

He was telling me not to post stuff like this. Plain and simple. It was not directed at anyone other than me. I didn't like the tone of his post so I let him have it.

I wasn't serious about leaving. I was only building his hopes up.

By the way every one of you missed the point of the post. This was posted: 09:30 Monday 24th September 2001 at ZDNet. Do you really think Microsoft didn't have the NY matter in mind when they tried to cash in in England with this ad? Of course they had it in mind. They made the ad to look like the WTC buildings on purpose trying to make it look like their product was more stable than our building.

S

s4

By the way, that page at Zdnet has been edited. I am not the only one that didn't like it. The picture is now gone. That is where I copied the image from, not the Register.

Professur

Mushroom at large
S4, It was a comment about the world at large. As is, two movies that might be interpreted as insensitive have already been delayed, if not pulled completely.

Sorry if you took it personally, dude, but that's not what I meant.

Actually, I appreciate that you did post it here. And others are welcome.

The ad however has now been pulled, Microsoft UK assures us

This is what I was talking about. The entire world looking over it's collective shoulder incase someone, somewhere might be offended.

S

s4

BigDadday is right. People are on edge.

I wish you had specified that you were speaking in terms of the whole world instead of me. I became very defensive because of it and pissed off.

I have decided not to read or post any more WTC posts because it only gets me upset.

I accept what you said Professur and regret that we had this misunderstanding. I would hope that you could see where I was coming from. It appeared the comment was directed toward me from my perspective.

I am willing to let it go if you are? Let's just agree that it was an unfortunate misunderstanding.

Professur

Mushroom at large
I wish you had specified that you were speaking in terms of the whole world instead of me

It never even occurred to me that you might think I was talking about you. I don't believe I've ever talked to anyone like that online. I guess maybe folks online do think I'm a prick.

As for closing the issue ... I never considered it open. Let's get back to discussing the issue you brought up to start with, the supersensitizing of the public to anything relating to the WTC.

S

s4

Ok, but I think you missed my point. Go look at a box from MS SQL Server 2000 or whatever is on the shelf at a computer store. You wont see any buildings leaning with dust in the air. I looked at an ad for the product in a recent computer catalog. This ad was drawn up with NY in mind. I accused them of being greedy and trying to cash in. I said they suck. That's what I meant and stand by that statement.

I don't think you are a prick. However, don't feel bad because I have been called a lot worse than that.

BigDadday

Everday People
"Let's get back to discussing the issue you brought up to start with, the supersensitizing of the public to anything relating to the WTC."

Heck my wife is at my throat even and that's because we've been watching 24/7 and she wants me to try and get away from all of it for a few hours at a time as we are a couple and when there's an argument we are the only two in the house. Oh she always wins.;). BD

S

s4

I know how you feel BD. I try to watch other things on tv just to take my mind off of it.

I almost had a cgi bulletin board going on the web last night but it had some kind of problem that I couldn't figure out.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
The deal re: MS-the ad was readied before the WTC. They should have double checked to avoid this kind of fallout, but, remember-MS pulled Flight Sim's NYC skyline, or at least removed the WTC IMMEDIATELY after the crash. Unlikely it was intentional...