here is the file after I "fixed" it

Attachments

• ghclient-.gif
    ghclient-.gif
    23.6 KB · Views: 47

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Get rid of the space between .edu and port. NOT the block, just the space.

Insert a "=n" without the quotes, after the word firewall.

Save it and try again.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Whoops! Skip what I said about the firewall part. Wish I was home where I could open mine!

Just get rid of the space.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Change Port from "y" to "10100" (without the quotes)

I think when you were taken through the config process, you might have typed "y" and hit enter for a setting you wanted to keep (which actually sets it to y) instead of just hitting enter

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
*UPDATE*
fury hit the nail on the head...I did enter a y instead of just hitting enter, which fuxored my client
...AND, after about an hour of live tech support from Jopes, we managed to salvage 2 genes (he did) and I uninstalled the screwed up client and reinstalled a new improved client!! ....it is happily crunching away as I type.
Thank you all :wave:

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
that fury.... :D your hreo!!
Its great that they could help you salvage the WU's too. Who wudda thunk. See this is what its all about.

NEO

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
yep, that's my flurf..he knows instinctively what kinda stupid shit I do :retard:

...and live phone tech support! Jopes kept asking me to put the sheep on the phone though...I wonder why? :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Coulda saved yourself the trouble of reinstalling the entire thing by deleting ghclient.cfg altogether :retard:

Oh well, all's well that ends well :grin:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Heres a sheep that does tricks..I love this sheep! :D

Attachments

• sheep.gif
    sheep.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 28

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Oh, I went to work....I caulked instead of grouting...it's perfect. I HATE my job. :smash:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I would just like to take another moment to point out: I REALLY REALLY HATE my job. :mad:

unclehobart

this is my special title
If my job consisted of filling random cracks and crevices all day I could die a happy man. :grin: Got a cigarette?

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
They aren't random cracks and crevices...eiw, that sounds like putting suntan lotion on a fat lady. :sick: