HEEEEELP!!!!

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
What the hell does this mean???
I've been running off net for days, because I can't seem to connect to Stanford. :cry: what does hostname look up error mean??

Attachments

• ii.gif
    ii.gif
    48.8 KB · Views: 77

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
It means:

1) you're not on-line, or
2) something's wrong in your ghclient.cfg file, or
3) G@H servers are down.

I'm betting 3, since they were down most of yesterday and the night before.

They seem to be back up now, though. Can you try again?

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I have that window in the screen shot running now, so it should keep trying to connect...right? This is what it's been doing since I d/led the 99 client. I got aggravated and ran it off net and forgot I did that. (I have a 24/7 connection, so I usually just let it run on its own)
Maybe I messed something up in the config file when I switched to the 99 client?

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
OK. Close G@H. Open ghclient.cfg using notepad. Confirm the entry "host=vsp18.stanford.edu" (without the quotes).

If that isn't what it says after host, change it to that, and save the file. Reopen G@H. If that is what it already says, post a screenshot of your ghclient.cfg file in Notepad, and we'll see what we can see.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
YIKES!!! there is no config file....wtf???

Attachments

• screen-shot2.gif
    screen-shot2.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 71

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Now I can't even get the damn thing to run off the net... :mad:
AAAAAARRRRGGGGGGGGG :mad::mad::mad:

jopes

Your Nightmare
1st. Click view and change the veiw to "list"

2nd. click on tools then folder options then view. When you have gotten there make sure you have the option selected show "hidden files and folders"

Then take a screen shot of that directory again.

Post back!

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
is this what you want??

Attachments

• folder-options.gif
    folder-options.gif
    26.4 KB · Views: 63

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
...and another thing...it says rerunning current work units, but I think it's lying....I do not see it doing any work units..it just keeps trying to connect, like a little retard :mad:

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Give us a screenshot of the ghclient file (the one with the notepad symbol, right above ghclient.exe). That's the one I was talking about.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Originally posted by HomeLAN
Give us a screenshot of the ghclient file (the one with the notepad symbol, right above ghclient.exe). That's the one I was talking about.
ok

...and jopes...NO..it won't do anything :mad:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
the whole thing wont fit on the screen without scrolling..but here it is

Attachments

• 2.gif
    2.gif
    13.2 KB · Views: 51

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Originally posted by jopes
what actually happens when you try to start the client?
what either happens is what you see in my first screenshot...and it keeps trying every 2 minutes for eternity, I guess....ooooor when I tell it to run off net the window appears for about less than a second and disappears.