Got some hardware to burn? Put it on Genome for Xi!

catocom

Machinehead
My 2.4 I had crunching here has been down a couple of days
now, since the heavy thunder storms rolled through.
I'll try to get it back up soon, hopefully tomarrow, or maybe
the next day. It seems there isn't enough hours in the day
these day.

catocom

Machinehead
Well I put my other p4-2.4 back on full time, so I should
be back up to 900-1000 units a week soon. ;)

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
w00t...w00t
i seem to have a prob today connecting to SU cant seem to pull a unit down.

catocom

Machinehead
Well, It's all online folding now.
I already have my own team in that, sooo, sorry guys,
I guess I'll go my own way on this one then.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
WTF? Is that why my client refuses to function? I thought it was because my puter was too overclocked. :mope:

I haven't been able to shut down and clock down because I'm running with a 2 week uptime

Well, shit. Guess I'm off the Genome project. Nonetting was the only way I was able to get most of my fleet running.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
so what we gonna do now? anything or do we wanna give it a rest for a bit?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I'm up for suggestions. Maybe go with distributed folding? Their text client has some pretty pictures, might make for a nice screensaver on a dumb person's computer, they won't know their idle cycles are going to use cause they'll be busy watching the animation. Although the numbers next to it might scare them.

I'm pretty disappointed in Stanford in general, so I don't think I'd go for folding@home.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Been doing that for quite awhile, and I've been pretty happy with the text client. Be aware that they are getting close to a new version of the software and a new algorythm. I don' think that'll be a big deal, but you ought to know about it.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, that's the general feeling from everyone else who used nonet religiously. :tardbang: