Got some hardware to burn? Put it on Genome for Xi!

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Got a lot of computer power just sitting around doing nothing most of the time? Put it to use on XiBase Genome. :D

Click here (it's a bit of a long read, may want to grab a bite to eat :headbang: ) and follow the instructions to set it up (Make sure you get the Genome@Home classic version, because I've found the newest version which is merged into the Folding@Home 3 client, is a bit unstable)

Here's the stats page. You'll be able to see our production numbers for the past few days and estimated future totals (as well as the current standing of the team compared to other teams), and the individual statistics for each member. Right now, we're doing 1200-1600 units per week. Let's see if we can double that, or more! :grin:

Feel free to ask any questions you might have, that's what a forum is for! :headbang:

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I've noticed, with F@H, if it's open for more than a few swconds (viewable) it crashes.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I've been running g@h on an xp box for months, it never crashes.

catocom

Machinehead
OK
I'm givvin' JJRs til New Years day, and if it ain't back up,
I'm gonna start moving this team up the latter.;)

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Well i finally got around to reinstalling the client. Lets see what this p4 1.8 will do.
Then once i get the asus back i will have a 2.0 ghz AMD to crunch also.:D

Gonzo

Staff member
we keep alternating between 99 & 100. the taliban has caught back up :mad:

catocom

Machinehead
fury said:
Whoa, didn't see this thread bumped the first time :o

:D *crosses fingers*

:headbang:

What's this? Encouragement?
Something I haven't seen in a while on this project.
That goes a long way with me.;)
I'm switching over my 2.53, and 2.4 NOW:D
I'll switch over the other 8or9 tomarrow.:beerchug:

catocom

Machinehead
I'm on the board;)
And so it begins.:D

I'll addon a 2.0, xp2000+, tbird1.4, and a cel1.0 today.
And be getting a 2.4, and a tbird1.2 ready for tomarrow.:p

Gonzo

Staff member
I wasn't even going to run the sumbitch, then I noticed Xi was rapidly approaching 100 so I decided to help. Now if I quit, or if anyone else does, we'll fall back in a damned hurry. Bring it on Cat. :thup: