*eye twitches*

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
Frames and trusses and bears oh my!

Ok, no bears...just frames and trusses...and analysis of such things for my term test tonight... :lurk:

:worm:

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
almost done...1.5 more hours of studying...2 more question to get through...then it's off to write the test...

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
it'll be ok, Nixy .. I got a C on my Hawaiian Language Test and a C on my Ethical Theory mid-term ... yep .. the 4.0 girl is no more ...

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
hmmmmm I hope i don't get a 4.0...we use a 12 scale...a 4.0 is like aless than a 60...

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
ACTUALLY anything below a 50 is 0 and a 1 is 50-54 and it increases from there but not in even increments :p

PuterTutor

Not really.
A = 90-100% = 4.0
B = 80-90% = 3.0
C = 70-80% = 2.0
D = 60-70% = 1.0
F= 0-60% = NO.0

But some schools are different IE 92- 100, 84 - 92 etc...

PuterTutor

Oh, and in my core classes, that is the CIS classes, anything below a C counts as an F. Financial aid will still pay for a D, but I don't get credit from the school for taking the class, so it has to be re-taken. Of course, Financial aid won't pay for you to take a class twice either, so...

Professur

Mushroom at large
I feel antique. When I was in school, 50% was a pass. And we called it 50%. Not A, B, C, or 2.5, 3.2.

PuterTutor

Damn Prof, I didn't think you were much older than me. It's always been <60 is flunking, grade school up through college.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
*clears throat* it is the difference between the US and Canada. It is about as hard to get a 60 in the US system as it is to get a 50 in the Canadian system.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
Mirlyn...grade point scales aren't converter to percentages the same way you'd convert say...25/50 on a test. Each GP has a defined percentage that is associated with it. Normally average is calculated from the percentage grades and then based on the conversion chart (an example of which PT posted) the grades are converted to a GPA