Divine feces! Look at the Genome stats page!

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Originally posted by HomeLAN:
<STRONG>Huge - Thanks for the Congrats! Believe me, I know about bad days lately. :) Sleep deprivation is a wonderful thing...

I just hope I haven't somehow pissed you off. That's kinda what I've been trying to avoid doing at BBS's lately.</STRONG>

Not at all dude. I was just in a very bad place that night. I don't even know why I reacted the way I did. Stress does weird things...

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Don't worry 'bout it. Like I said, I'm tired enough to be seeing double most days lately, myself.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
OK, I know how to solve this. I believe that all logical solutions for a place to cruch G@H have been stated. Now, you just let each individual member make up their mind that way there's not hard feelings and now fights. Good? GOOD!

JJR512

Originally posted by krusty:
<STRONG>JJR wait 'til the OVERCLOCKERS-NETWORK turn on their reserve machines... we have a smaller membership than teams #1 and #2 and still you miss the point.

Edit: If laziness is an issue then I suggest everyone go and join the lowest ranked team to help boost their output.

No one at OCN from 1st to last would ever be considered as being lazy at G@H JJR... we are all serious about our production.

If you need to boost team production you should invite the Armenians to join....doh!

[ June 07, 2001: Message edited by krusty ]</STRONG>

OK, so you have a smaller membership than the teams in front of you...so what? We have a smaller membership, JJR512.com, than many of the teams in front of us, including OCN. I don't see what you're point is.

And you say that I should wait until the reserves are turned on...and later you say that no one is being lazy. Umm...if nobody is being lazy, then why haven't the reserves already been turned on? OCN does want to move up, right?

But you missed my point, I believe, in regards to my comments about being lazy. I didn't say that anyone on the OCN team was lazy. I said that if anyone were to join the team (note the tense here: it is about possible future events, not events in the past) just because they are high-up, that would be lazy. That would be someone that wants to ride the coat-tails of the success of other people, not make their own success.

[ June 09, 2001: Message edited by JJR512 ]

S

s4

Originally posted by krusty:
<STRONG>I never said that either s4, I said being a Hellspawn doesn't make you automatically a member of the OCN forums.

Edit: testing edit text size

<font size = 1>[ June 07, 2001: Message edited by krusty ]</font></STRONG>

Agreed. s4 has a headache. lol.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Originally posted by JJR512:
Umm...if nobody is being lazy, then why haven't the reserves already been turned on? OCN does want to move up, right?
I suppose I'll jump in and field this one. A client is not yet available for the reserve machines available to OCN.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by JJR512:
<STRONG>OK, so you have a smaller membership than the teams in front of you...so what? We have a smaller membership, JJR512.com, than many of the teams in front of us, including OCN. I don't see what you're point is.</STRONG>

The point is that we can still maintain a high output level while having less active members on the team

<STRONG>And you say that I should wait until the reserves are turned on...and later you say that no one is being lazy. Umm...if nobody is being lazy, then why haven't the reserves already been turned on? OCN does want to move up, right?</STRONG>

Feel free to make a client for those reserve machines, it would really be appreciated since it will actually enable us to switch on those reserves.

<STRONG>But you missed my point, I believe, in regards to my comments about being lazy. I didn't say that anyone on the OCN team was lazy. I said that if anyone were to join the team (note the tense here: it is about possible future events, not events in the past) just because they are high-up, that would be lazy. That would be someone that wants to ride the coat-tails of the success of other people, not make their own success.

[ June 09, 2001: Message edited by JJR512 ]</STRONG>

Who are you to judge people based on the team they join?

Do you think the same of anyone that moves into the USA? That they want to "ride on the coattails of the success of others" in making USA one of the greatest countries in the world?

I do not ride any coattails, everybody on the OCN team who has sent in a work unit has contributed to success of the team, whether it be 1 gene or 1000 genes.

I don't understand how you think it's any different, because it's not. No matter how you look at it.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
re: the Human Genome Project-I thought it was already mapped, by 2 different organizations, no less. Why not do something useful & kill cancer? :D

a13antichrist

Moderator from Hell
Well how about this. This site is predominantly run by OCNers.. we talked about a DC forum very briefly but instead decided that a link to the OCN forum would be all that would be needed.

So how about a compromise: OCN the officially supported team, with recommended direction to JJR for those that don't relate to the Pirate style?
:)

a13antichrist

Moderator from Hell
JJR the point isn't that we've got fewer members than the teams in front of us; it's that we've got fewer members than a lot of the teams behind us whose a**es we have bashed out of the way.

I hear what you're saying about "making more of a difference" on a smaller team. Hell when I was doing Seti for OCN, I was up to about #47 by the time we moved. If you took all my WUs out of the team [ ;)] we woulnd't have dropped any places. F*** knows how many places your team jumped up when I joined it. I made up almost a good 20% of your team's total. Hell even in Genome I've got more than 20% of your team's total.

What you're not taking into account though is that people [well.. most anyway] don't join a team based on where they think theý'll get the most glory for their contributions. They join where they'll feel most comfortable & part of the team. Which is why I think it would be good to endorse both teams, under different pretexts.

[ June 10, 2001: Message edited by a13antichrist ]

JJR512

OK, Q, thanks, I didn't know that.

Fury, like I just said to Q, I didn't know about the client issue. But you don't need to talk at me like I'm a complete idiot just because I didn't know one detail.

Also, I'll tell you who I am to judge. I'm a human. Humans judge. Also, when someone says to me, "I'm joining the OCN team because they are higher up than yours," that gives me all I need to know to make that judgement. And yes, that has actually been said to me by a few different people.