Closing Shop

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
it seems that maos of the old crew came out of the closet. The who's visited today list is a who's who of XI/OTC past.

[edit...I really need to take the time to proofread my atrocious typing.

Inkara1

I had posted links to this thread at OTC and JJR's, figuring it might bring some people out of the woodwork and help us get this saved. Looks like it might have worked.

MrBishop

Felix Culpa
How large of an outcry would there be over renting banner space on any/all of the sites to help pay for upkeep?

Depending on how much maintenance money and basic upkeep needs raising per month...it might be easy enough to pull off (depending on the size of the company buying/renting banner space).

Just a suggestion.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
Bish: I think we've got lots of monthly up keep money and even offers for reduced rate hosting...we just need to stats to figure out exactly how much the cost per month will be and who's gonna chip in what and who's going to actually pay the bill and how all the money will get to that person.

I think Les offered up like $20 a month, I'd be willing to pitch in about the same...plus a whole bunch of others offered up too.

MrBishop

Felix Culpa
And Mir offered to host it on his dime.... I can't afford to pay, but I can offer suggestions depending on how close/far we get to actually being able to pull this off.

Advertising is just one option :shrug:

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
And Mir offered to host it on his dime.... I can't afford to pay, but I can offer suggestions depending on how close/far we get to actually being able to pull this off.

Advertising is just one option :shrug:

I think the only obstacle is gonna be short term monies to actually buy the sites...and advertising won't really help with that...unfortunately.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Is there a link? BTW, what is involved in hosting it/them?

(or did I miss it? too many hours working...)

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
We're still waiting for the bandwidth numbers and such Huge :) fury is getting the info together.

catocom

Machinehead
for me it's mostly disk space reqs, ... got the bw covered I think.

I'm wandering about email accounts too...???

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Well anything I can do to help. Does Sam have a Paypal link setup somewhere (I seem to remember one a while ago)?

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
I echo Prof's "it's good to see you" but unlike him I do not desire to know how "it" is hanging...I would like to know how you're doing though :D

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
I just worked all night so I am about to kiss my pillow. It's nice to see you guys too :).

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I just worked all night so I am about to kiss my pillow. It's nice to see you guys too :).
All hosted now on my dedicated servers.. Email is goign to be broken for a while until I can find a solution that works about as well as the old setup used to. Everything else should be working as well or better than it did before.

I'm tight for database server space, but I can manage that until I get the hard drives upgraded