Closing Shop

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Guys if you or anyone want to buy the site to keep it up, let me know, I will transfer The database and domain name to you.
Otherwise at the end of the month im gonna do a final backup and close shop.

brainsoft

Co-founder/alumni
Wish i could help

I'd hate to see the xibase name expire and get grabbed by some advertisement company. I can't currently afford private hosting for xibase or OTC but don't let your lease expire without talking to me. If nothing else I'd like to keep the xibase domain name alive.

Humour me though and give me recent bandwidth figures and site sizes and I'll see if there's anything I can do. Also let me know if there's any special stipulations or contracts with the current hosting company that would prevent me from relocating the site or taking over the domain lease.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Brain, contact me about buying in a share. Or better yet, Sam keeps it up, and you and I step in as funders. Sam, what do you think about that?

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Brain, contact me about buying in a share. Or better yet, Sam keeps it up, and you and I step in as funders. Sam, what do you think about that?

I am open to any offers at this point. I just cant keep up.
I am having family problems and fees comming in that i will need to be paying.

I am seperating all the sites and offering them for sale or what ever.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member

I might be open to taking a piece as well.

And BTW, Prof, where the fuck have you been?

Professur

Mushroom at large
Out and about. Decided a sabbatical was in order. Either people were losing their understanding of me, or I was losing my understanding of them. Either/Or, more space was in order.

Sam, OTC isn't on the block too, is it?

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Out and about. Decided a sabbatical was in order. Either people were losing their understanding of me, or I was losing my understanding of them. Either/Or, more space was in order.

I can understand that. Glad you're OK. You can ignore the message I left you at work, or even better, you could call me back.

Prof, Brain, Sam, et al, please don't leave me out of the loop here. I may not want pieces of all three, but I'd probably be very interested in pieces of one or two.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I could probably assist in a partnership arrangement but am shut out of a do it alone thing. Too rich for us...given our situation.

Professur

Mushroom at large
When did that get there? They unlinked my pager from my voicemail and I never get my messages anymore.

Sam, could you supply us with the budget requirements et al? Let's see just how big Grendal is. I had enough trauma with JJR512 left with half my memories, I've no desire to repeat it.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
I left it Friday afternoon. If there's a better way to reach you, PM me.

Of course, that assumes I'm not one of those you needed a sabbatical from. :D

Professur

Mushroom at large
I left it Friday afternoon. If there's a better way to reach you, PM me.

Of course, that assumes I'm not one of those you needed a sabbatical from. :D

Not that I'd aware of. I think it was less I needed a sabatical as others needed a sabatical from me.

And if you thumb through your PMs, I think I've left you just about every way to contact me short of telepathy over the years.

Friday makes sense. I generally clear it on Fridays and return calls, knowing that noone's gonna call me back until at least Monday. There were 8 calls in the box. Yours, one guy telling me he's gonna come yesterday to pickup some stock (never came) and 6 busy signals.

Inkara1

I could help a little bit but things are tighter now than they used to be. Caity was expensive and I'm still paying down that debt. Luckily, now that Lori made the last payment on her laptop, she'll have a little extra to help with dates and stuff.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Caity, Lori ...have I missed anyone or are you still on the same one that wanted to move to Colorado?

Inkara1

New one. I woke up one morning to find myself sucking on Caity's nipple while she was still asleep, and almost two months later that was her basis for moving out. She supposedly even went to therapy over it... apparently it's "rape."

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Wow. Talk about overly touchy.

Do you have to watch the statute of limitations clock now?

Inkara1

Doubtful... if she was going to try to push for anything I'd think she would have done it by now.

Your reaction is about the same as everyone else I've told... male and female.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Doubtful... if she was going to try to push for anything I'd think she would have done it by now.

Your reaction is about the same as everyone else I've told... male and female.

Inky, might be time to start looking for a wider gene pool. Jeez, if the missus cried rape everytime she woke up to me fondling her ...... I wouldn't be waking up anymore.