Anyone still on Diablo?

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Topaz must be on Shield to give LR. On armor it gives % to find magic itens
Account name: noite_escura
Character name: VanCoreilon - lvl 26 Paladin
(I have a Druid, a Sorc and an Assassin, all low level on non ladder just so you know.
And 8 D2 Classic chars on European servers)
Update:
VanCoreilon is lvl 29
NE-Darknight - Cold Sorceress is lvl 12.
NE-Starlight - Lightning Sorc - lvl 20.

Mirlyn

rebmeM
greenfreak said:
Why, for the scarabs? I usually throw some Lightning Strike or Lightning Trap and then run away when they start dying. :D

If I'm not mistaken, Topaz gives you lightning resist. I might have an extra for you. Do you have something socketed to put it in if I do? Armor or Helm?
Yeah, the scarabs. :D I do have traps, but have been putting skills in my attacks so my traps are only a level 2 now. Plus I'm waiting for the better traps to open up in my next levels. That and Cam does a better job covering for me (which, as a 'zon, is almost wrong ;)).

I think topaz does have the resist....though I've been putting my topaz in helms for magic find.

greenfreak

I put all my skills into Lightning Strike/Traps and Claw Mastery. Seems to work for me, one for long range, one for short. And I always put emeralds (posion) and sapphire (cold) in my claws/katars/cestus.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Yeh, better focus in specific skills. The lighting trap branch is very powerful on the 'sin.
Mine in non-ladder, I'm focusing in light traps and some Shadow Masteries...

greenfreak

The great thing about the traps is I can put a bunch of them in front of a door, open it, and run the other way. :D

And lightning only costs 6 mana, even at the higher levels. I've never run out of mana and use it for almost all bad guys. I put the lightning in their path and if they actually make it to me, carve them up. I think at this level, I'm between 1 and 100 damage.

SpeakerBoxxx

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and saw you had a diablo 2 thread going. I'm starting to play again so let me know. I'll usually be in core//core if I'm playing.

Account Name: ReignofHell_426
Character 1: Barbarian (Nero_ll)
Character 2: Paladin (Constantine_xx)
Both Level 1 at the moment
Non-Ladder
Expansion Characters

Mirlyn

rebmeM
SpeakerBoxxx said:
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and saw you had a diablo 2 thread going. I'm starting to play again so let me know. I'll usually be in core//core if I'm playing.

Account Name: ReignofHell_426
Character 1: Barbarian (Nero_ll)
Character 2: Paladin (Constantine_xx)
Non-Ladder
Expansion Characters
This is my brother, BTW. :D

[/endorsement]

Mirlyn

rebmeM
Professur said:
Jeff, have you guys decided on wether or not you're hosting the BBQ next year?
Hadn't heard/decided....didn't know there was interest....It seems the biggest thing to do here is show the Canucks the 24-hour WalMarts. :D

Mentioned it to Karen today....If a BBQ is the excuse needed to come down, we can work with that. ;) :D

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
SpeakerBoxxx said:
I'll usually be in core//core if I'm playing.
Non-Ladder
Expansion Characters
You ARE on non-ladder. Then you will not be able to play in our teamed plays as we are doind Ladder now. I will add you as frined though, since I have some Non-ladder chars at low levels aswell...

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Separate realms, AFAIK. In addition, some of the best equipment only appears on ladder realms.

greenfreak

When there is more than one Paladin in a party, more than one different Aura can be active at the same time. For example, one Paladin can use Blessed Aim to increase the party's Attack Rating, while another Paladin casts Might to increase the party's damage.

Whoa. I'm beginning to see why you guys really like Paladin. He's got some skillz!

By the way, what skills do you sock all your points into for a Pally? Which are the ones that wreak the most havok or are the most useful?

Professur

Mushroom at large
I don't think my Barb's gonna get much playtime anymore. I used my Paladin last night, and discovered (thanks to HL's link) how to use his clerical powers. Holy Bolt against the skeleton hoards underground gives me wood.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
greenfreak said:
By the way, what skills do you sock all your points into for a Pally? Which are the ones that wreak the most havok or are the most useful?
The most powerful PvM Paladin out there is the one I'm playing, known as Hammerdin. It's more a caster than a fighter though. It's focused mainly in one combat skill: Blessed Hammer. To make one max (put 20 points) in Blessed Hammer, Vigor, Blessed Aim and Concentration. Concentration is the only aura that boosts BH damage, so for optimal results it must be on at all times while you're casting. The other two are synergies, each point in them makes BH stronger.
Once cast, the hammers start spiraling out of the Paladin outwards making them hard to aim. That's why many first timers after experimenting with them find them unsuitable and forget about. Once you get used though, it's a wonder. You can create a massive hammer field around you that pierces everyone and does a crapload of damage. A full synergized Hammer can do 12-14.000 damage with the right equipment, and ignores undead and demon resistances. That makes them unresistable, since 99% of Magic resistant monsters are demon or undead.
Other viable builds for PvM are Zealot and Smiter, this last one is great for bosses, specially Über Diablo.
Here are some guides:
Hammerdin: http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=502
Zealot, uses Zeal and Fanaticism aura: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=356928
Avenger, uses vengeance as primary attack: http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=510
Shockadin/Tesladin, uses Zeal and Holy Shock aura: http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=505
Frost Zealot, uses Zeal and Holy Freeze Aura: http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=542
Smiter, uses Smite and Fanaticism aura: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=370389