Airport security

unclehobart

this is my special title
The bottom 5% will always try and take advantage of the situation. I hope they shoot looters on sight.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Agreed, kill all looters on sight. My point in using the picture & statement above is for long term life in the US. That can not & will not be tolerated. Until, it's thought of as a "safety measure".

Gonzo

Staff member
Airport interrogations, armed air marshals and a sophisticated security net used by Israel's El Al airline would probably have foiled this week's devastating terror attacks in the United States, Israeli experts said.
Passengers travelling on Israel's national carrier El Al are required to respond to a stream of questions fired by security staff before they can board the plane. Pauses, hesitations and inconsistencies in stories are scrutinized.
El Al security agents know about every passenger on each flight even before they arrive at the check-in counters, as names are cross-referenced with lists of suspects prepared by Interpol and Israeli intelligence agencies, said Defense Ministry spokesman Shlomo Dror, a former El Al security official.

"When the passenger comes to the flight it's not the first time we know something about him," Dror said."I don't believe you can send 30 fanatics to the airport and they will not show in their eyes that they have something in mind," he said.
Gazit acknowledged that it would be difficult to apply the same stringency to the huge number of internal and international flights in the United States.
terrorist," said Dror.

Yea, thats how I want the USA to be-----NOT

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I have a question, possibly someone here may have seen or be able to answer.
Fairly early on it was reported that the transponders in at least the two aircraft that hit the towers had been turned off. They explained that the function of the transponders is to track the postion of the aircraft on radar and also to report the carrier and the type of aircraft. When the transponders were turned off those planes simply became blips on the radar. Did the air traffic controllers not notice that the planes they were tracking disapperared off their screens? I really don't know anything about how air traffic is controlled. However, with 40,000 commercial flights a day plus private charters, recreational flights and instructional flights I would assume the flight paths would need to be pretty tightly regulated. I don't understand how air traffic control lost track of these two planes.

Gonzo

Staff member
They never lost sight of the planes-we are being told-the transponders give flight # & very basic information and there is a flight plan filed before every flight. Why these planes were not reported as off course without ATC notifying somebody, is being investigated. The first two were off course almost immediately-the Boston/LA fight was following the US/Canadian border-way off flight plans. It seeme the Flight that did DC had the attention of the (some military authority) and they did scramble fighters-too late. And nobody has denied the posibility of the PA crash being an American shoot down.
I think part of the problem is our Federal Government is so huge, and works together so poorly, it got lost in the shuffle. How else can you explain 8, 10. 15, 18 known terrorists entering our country at border checkpoints-using their actual names on Visa's & Passports, then buying homes & getting jobs & living the typical American existence, then buying airline tickets online, and being allowed to get on US civilian airliners & not ONCE were they ever questioned.

There is a RUMOR that Reagan National will be closed permanently-due to it's proximity to the Mall.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't read this thread yet, so I'm not sure if this has been said or not, but airport security shouldn't be the only thing we focus on. Terrorists can execute attacks from different things than airplanes.

I agree that airport security should raise dramatically, but I'm just saying stop and think for a moment, because there are other places that terrorists could be planning attacks.

Gonzo

Staff member
Yea, I get to start this up again:rolleyes:

By SONYA ROSS, Associated Press Writer

CHICAGO (AP) - President Bush asked the nation's governors to post National Guard troops at airports Thursday as a first step to take federal control of airline security and coax Americans back into the skies. ``This nation will not live in fear,'' he said.

Bush's plan envisions stationing 4,000-5,000 troops at the nation's 420 commercial airports for up to six months while the federal government prepares to step in. Also, many more in-flight air marshals would be trained and a federal agency would be set up to oversee the screening of passengers and luggage.

Oh, I feel so much safer now-armed militia in American airports:scared:

unclehobart

this is my special title
cops, national guard ... pretty much the same thing. Might even cut down on the pickpockets having a .50 stationed at baggage claim.

Gonzo

Staff member
Time to re-establish this crap.
This is only the beginning

A guy, on a flight to DC's Reagan National Airport, had to go to the bathroom on approach. There's a new "rule" that, in the final :30 minutes of a flight into Reagan, no passenger may leave their seat:lurk:. But, for whatever reason, this guys bladder said it was time, so he got up & headed toward the lavatory in the front of the plane. Well, an ever efficient sky marshall, another example of government employee's being the most diligent of all workers, pulled his weapon and made the airline reroute to Dulles Airport. In the meantime, our ever efficacious prison guard, err, sky marshall had the rest of the passengers put their collective hands into the "behind the head, lockdown" position, for the remaining part of the flight. The urination declined passenger is now facing possible felony charges.

I thought that airline safety was an euphemism for no more airliners turned into missiles, not Con-Air for tourists. At what point will the American people wake up & take charge of their life & not resort to over-reactionary hysteria? 4 planes were used as weapons against our landmarks & civilians(not to mention the military). That is no excuse for turning a public service into an fortress--we are paying passengers upon these conveyances-FOR PROFIT. They are not, nor should they ever be government prison vehicles-FOR PROFIT.