Ahhhhhhh!

greenfreak

Best in the country - Cablevision's Optimum Online. Cable. We have Verizon DSL available also but both my sisters had it and experienced a lot of outages, errors, and slow connections. They both got rid of it and paid the extra money for cable, never looked back.

Living in NY has it's priviledges. :D

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
OMG, greenie; Cablevision has got to go! Even if i go back to dialup. :mad:

Cablevison = M$ (which = shit)

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Cablevision = Microsoft 1.0 a la 198x. I'm sure Greenie is aware of the huge (ha) West Side Stadium moopla. The New York Jets are trying to get a new stadium deal on the MTA's (the idiots who run our transit system and are basically broke) land on the lower West side. Cablevision, who own the NY Rangers and Knicks, want to block this because they have a vested interest in the Javitz Convention Center.

This shit has been going on for a better part of 6 months. The MTA is supposed to rule on a final proposal this week (Friday).

Cablevision must die. They've ruined my hockey team and they're not doing much with the Knicks.

Not only that, I haven't been able to watch a NY Met spring training game (hey, they're supposed to be better this year) since Cablevision is having a spat with Time Warner Cable (who owns 85%+ of NYC's cable). So no, I don't get Fox Sports NY anymore or MSG (which if the NY Rangers were playing, I could watch).

BTW, this is the second attempt that Cablevision did this in less than 1 year (they did this same shit last fall).

... But for 6.0 mB/s, I might have to sell my soul to the devil...

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Aha, now I see. Much like me being forced to give up my beloved Dodgers because they were no longer a "team". They were aquired & became a division of a coproration.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
:smash2:

WTF is up with hwc and its new admin???? I lose internet connection for a week-end and the world goes to hell. Bringing back OT???

Inkara1

They were waiting for me to delete my e-mail address I had with my parents' ISP so that my mom could have one of her own. Apparently I used [email protected] to sign up at HWC. I deleted it this past Friday. HWC OT started today. I forgot my password, or it got messed up in the upgrade to vBulletin. So I have to re-register... but I'm Inkara1, not Inkara2.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Clueless. Absolutely clueless.

From verizon's chat software:
Her: Lets check your system resources. Under physical memory, what is the total physical memory and available memory?
me: 712184 (i have 1 gig total).
her: is 712184 the available or total?
me: available
her: under physical memory, what is the total physical memory?
me: o_O 1047792
her: This indicates that you currently have 67% system resources available.

I hate it when they read from scripts...sending out a tech friday; either something is fubared with the wiring or the router. Both my desktop and laptop connect at the same speeds.

greenfreak

Huge said:
Cablevision = Microsoft 1.0 a la 198x. I'm sure Greenie is aware of the huge (ha) West Side Stadium moopla. The New York Jets are trying to get a new stadium deal on the MTA's (the idiots who run our transit system and are basically broke) land on the lower West side. Cablevision, who own the NY Rangers and Knicks, want to block this because they have a vested interest in the Javitz Convention Center.

This shit has been going on for a better part of 6 months. The MTA is supposed to rule on a final proposal this week (Friday).

Cablevision must die. They've ruined my hockey team and they're not doing much with the Knicks.

Not only that, I haven't been able to watch a NY Met spring training game (hey, they're supposed to be better this year) since Cablevision is having a spat with Time Warner Cable (who owns 85%+ of NYC's cable). So no, I don't get Fox Sports NY anymore or MSG (which if the NY Rangers were playing, I could watch).

BTW, this is the second attempt that Cablevision did this in less than 1 year (they did this same shit last fall).

... But for 6.0 mB/s, I might have to sell my soul to the devil...

Yup, I know all about it. The way I look at it is, nothing we do/say/feel is going to be strong enough to tout politics and money. So what it comes down to is, what's best for the city?

With revenues from the stadium itself, the possibility of a Super Bowl, and also the possibility of the Olympics, that presents a lot of earning potential. But Cablevision has the most neighborhood-friendly idea that the residents of Hell's Kitchen will surely like.

I don't know. I'm not a sports fan and I don't live there. So whatever happens, I just hope it's not the power plant to produce even more pollution.

And there's no guarantee if you switch to cable that you're going to get my speeds. I'm willing to bet you would be sharing the network with a hell of a lot more people than I do. My community is primarily older retirees and summer people. Not the best demographic for high-speed internet use.

Gonzo

Staff member
Greenfreak said:
I just hope it's not the power plant to produce even more pollution.

Says the woman using, and whose very living depends on, electricity.

Gonzo

Staff member
That new power plants are necessary to maintain a standard of living in which we've become accustomed.

Leslie said:

You grabbed a handful of your ex's bud & have since inhaled it haven't you ? :D

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Well it looks like the Jets are going to get their stadium; been hearing "unofficial" news about it all day. If the city can do it right and if the people will use mass transit and not drive in, it can work. I was in SF when they built Pac Bell Park (or whatever tf its called nowadays). I think it would be cool (provided I wasn't working) to go downtown and see a game, plus we're getting the SB in 2010.

Verizon has 3+ weeks to figure out this problem; otherwise we might have to go with RR (which is what I wanted to do in the first place and even offered to pay for it, but it is really $$ (my aunt can't justify paying $50/month for internet access). She's slowly coming around tho...

Inkara1

SBC Park now. I'm as yet to drive to San Francisco and see if the signs outside have been changed or not.

Gonzo

Staff member
I bet an artist can be commissioned, for a fee, which could solve that issue.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
greenfreak said:
Yeah right. :D Where would all the tailgaters go? There would be no tailgates.

To the bars; we've got thousands of em!

Getting back to my problem, anyone know what a "phone exchange" is and what it does? Apparently this is our problem; I need to call *another* dept. for them to come and fix it.