What to do with wrecked car

flavio

superfly
Staff member
My commute car, a 1988 Integra was hit a couple weeks ago in an accident that was the other drivers fault. There's bumper, quarter-panel, and a little hood damage.

The car still runs fine, although right now the bumper rubs against the tire a little. The other guys insurance wants to pay me $3300 for it. Blue book value is $3600 so I'm trying to get a little more from them.

However, they will give back my Integra and only subtract $150 from what they pay me in salvage cost. For $150 I think I'll take the car back, it's got a new clutch and really still runs great although it's not so pretty anymore.

I'm not sure how to get rid of it though. I was thinking I'd just advertise it as a great running vehicle with front-end damage, but I don't have a clue what to ask for it.

What do you think about my situation Deanril?

Deanril

I say fix it so it can drive and looks half way decent $500 and use it as a backup car or comuter. You could pocket a couple Grand.........

$1000-$1500 sounds about right to me Flavio to sell in the Automotive Rebuildable section og the want ads.

Later.......

S

s4

I don't know how things are there, but people will not pay big bucks for a car that has been wrecked.

I recently sold a 91 Buick Skylark that ran for $300 because nobody wanted to give me anything for it, and it wasn't a bad looking car.

I think you could buy the parts and fix it yourself or sell it for whatever someone will pay. How many miles does it have on it? That is going to be a big determination on whether to fix it or what to do, especially since it's a 1988 model.