To our New York members...

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
(and maybe the rest of the members as well; I found this ad locally)...

http://www.marketpro.com

I've been trying to find a computer show here in the metro NY area for some time now and finally have found one. I'm hoping it is as good as the Robert Austin shows I attended in CA.

There's a show on 10/12-13 (today & tomorrow) in Queens @ the Aquaduct Racetrack that I will check out; even if I don't have any $$$ (which I don't as of now). :(

(edit: Seems to only be shows in CA and NY metro area...)

greenfreak

I've been to one of those in Uniondale at Hofstra University. Some of the vendors have inflated prices but if there's a popular item, the vendors have price wars with each other and if you walk around long enough, you'll find the lowest price.

It wasn't as big as I thought it would be. Doing light browsing, it took about 20 minutes to walk the whole thing. It's been a while though, so maybe it's grown. They had quite a few vendors for cellphones and accessories. My friend bought his computer from there, piece by piece and everything was fine.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
It's raining again and I don't feel like riding the A train over there (especially with no $$$; that'll be torture if I find something good). I've had no bad experiences with the RA shows in CA before but hell, it sure beats retail.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
ive been to a couple of marketpro shows. Just make sure you know exactly what you are looking for and get some web pricing beforehand. when i told them what i could get it for online some met the prices some didnt.