This is a great place to shop...NOT!

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Here is my post in their forums. I'm gonna get banned. I already got warned once not to make negative posts...think they'll catch the sarcasm? :rolleyes:
Originally posted by *Q*
I LOVE THIS PLACE!!! I ordered my chip on 9/23 and they shipped it just today! I got a tracking number and everything! It is scheduled to be delivered on 10/10. I can hardly wait! 17 days from order to delivery, who could ask for better service than that? Not alot of pesky emails or phone calls either.

Outlaw69

Banned
what the hell did you order from them anyways to get you all pissed off? they are gonna ship it to ya right?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Backorder happens to every store, Q, especially if the products they sell are popular. There's nothing you can do to stop it.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Jay, it's a 1gig t-bird.

...and I guess I left out a few things. First of all, their website says they usually ship in 2 days. This item was clearly marked IN STOCK, when I ordered it. When I got the order confirmation, it said, if you do not recieve a tracking order in 72 hours, contact us. So I waited 3 days and emailed them. I got no reply. The next day I emailed them, waited a couple of hours and called them. The person I spoke to didn't know anything about shipping, but assured me someone from shipping would call back later in the day. Nobody called. I emailed them again and got a short email saying they were expecting this item by Friday. By thins time I wanted to cancel the order, but noone is there on the weeked and I had no idea if it shipped or not. I didn't want to order one from somewhere else and find out Monday it was on it's way. And it was already charged to my credit card. I would have been happy to order a different chip, one they did have in stock, if I had been offered the choice, but I wasn't. Finally, I get an email with a tracking number and the scheduled delivery date is Oct. 10. I paid $11.00 shipping for an item that weighs a couple of ounces to take 8 days to ship. These people SUCK. I will never order anything from there again.:mad::mad::mad:

flavio

superfly
Staff member
I've ordered twice from them. I got a Duron 600 pretested at 900 or something. I ended up overclocking all the way to 1027mhz. I also ordered a vid card, ram, fans, harddrive in those two orders. Everything was fine and shipped promptly.

I believe I have heard other complaints with them though.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I just checked their site, cuz I never even heard of anything taking 8 days to ship and it says they use UPS 3 day select ...or something like that. In 8 days I could have driven to Iowa and back myself.
...and there was a post from a guy who ordered there and when he got his nexts months statement for his cc, they had charged him for some travel thing. They tried to tell him he clicked on a banner. Turns out they gave or sold his information, credit card number and all to some other company who charged him for a service he didn't order. That post didn't last too long on their boards.

alex

report thier ass to the Better Business Bureau at least. if you paid by credit card, you do have some recourse there. even though it shows up on your statement, that doesn't mean the credit card company has paid them. if you dispute the charges, it will delay them getting paid.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I meant at OCZ...squeeks, ya lil retard :retard: *smacks squeeky*..read the URL
However, it turns out you're right... They have safeweb blocked as well...jeez, I wonder why? :rolleyes:

*UPDATE*
It pays to be a bitch. I am now getting my chip shipped overnight...and I'm getting a care package too.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Q
Jay, it's a 1gig t-bird.

...and I guess I left out a few things. First of all, their website says they usually ship in 2 days. This item was clearly marked IN STOCK, when I ordered it. When I got the order confirmation, it said, if you do not recieve a tracking order in 72 hours, contact us. So I waited 3 days and emailed them. I got no reply. The next day I emailed them, waited a couple of hours and called them. The person I spoke to didn't know anything about shipping, but assured me someone from shipping would call back later in the day. Nobody called. I emailed them again and got a short email saying they were expecting this item by Friday. By thins time I wanted to cancel the order, but noone is there on the weeked and I had no idea if it shipped or not. I didn't want to order one from somewhere else and find out Monday it was on it's way. And it was already charged to my credit card. I would have been happy to order a different chip, one they did have in stock, if I had been offered the choice, but I wasn't. Finally, I get an email with a tracking number and the scheduled delivery date is Oct. 10. I paid $11.00 shipping for an item that weighs a couple of ounces to take 8 days to ship. These people SUCK. I will never order anything from there again.:mad::mad::mad:
*hides* :cry2:

Acid

stud
They'll give you some thermal grease to take care of your cpu :)

of course, it will come 2 weeks later :laugh:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I already have some artic silver, Acid....I don't care about their "I don't care" package as long as I get my chip...tomorrow. :smash:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I proudly use my IBM 75gxp 60 gig hard drive, copper spacer, OCZ quicksilver, and Glacier 2 heatsink (with a different fan on it since I broke the one that was on it)

Of course, all of those I got for free... but that shouldn't make a difference, they were all shipped pretty quickly :rolleyes:

*ducks* :eek:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
hmmmm, if I remember correctly...Mr.60 gig was supposed to be an 80 gig and it took practically an eternity to get it. :p

fury

Administrator
Staff member
The 80 gig was STOLEN off the shipping truck. STOLEN.

It pretty much won't matter what company you order from when the stuff is stolen right out of the truck.

They made an offer for me to choose whether I wanted to wait for them to get another 80 gig from their distributor or if I wanted an IBM 60gig 75gxp that they already had in stock that would arrive in a few days.

I chose the latter, and it did arrive in a few business days after I let him know my choice.

:wave: