Tell me what you think...I'M PI**ED!!

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
To whom it may concern,

I own a domain, www.bioscentral.com, but it seems that I am not allowed to relay messages through your servers for my email. Why is this and why was I not informed when I purchased this service? Additionally, why is there nothing in your online help that tells us lowly users why we can't own a domain and use Verizon at the same time! I have an account with you, but in order to do email I have to use your account? This is ridculous. Being forced to use your account will only result in me canceling the Internet side of my service with you and use another provider that allows this. In addition, I was under the impression that I was allowed three email accounts. Now, it seems, I have to pay for an additional account. Again, this is ridiculous. I can't believe the service I am getting here. I'm paying for something then I can't use it or I have to fork out more money for "additional" items.

In addition to all this, why were we not informed by phone that our account was setup? We've already payed for the service but we have to wait a week to use email, then we have to use your email when we do.

Please let me know what is going on with message relaying with your servers and why I must pay for another email account. Using DSL in a home and having to pay for addtional email account for other members of the household is a rather outdated practice. One last thing....why must I create an email alias with a period in it? I don't want a period, but you seem to think I need one. I'm very very disapointed in what I have recieved in service and would rather pay a few dollars more to another ISP for Internet access and just use Verizon for the bandwidth. I could care less who provides my email as long as I can relay. I use my domain for email and have no intention of using Verizon at all. If I have to use Verizon for email then I'll simply cancel the ISP side of my DSL and go elsewhere. I went through another service while I was with Verizon in my last location and they allowed relaying..the choice is yours.

Now, if you can help me clean this up a bit...I know I'm saying things twice in this. I'm just PO'd about this whole thing. Thanks people.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
To whom it may concern,

I own a domain, www.bioscentral.com, but it seems that I am not allowed to relay messages through your servers for my email. Could you please look into this, and let me know why I was not informed when I purchased this service? Additionally, why is there nothing in your online help that explains that we can't own a domain and use Verizon at the same time? I have an account with you, but in order to use email I have to use your account? This is ridiculous. Being forced to use your account will only result in me canceling my Internet service with you and use another provider for my DSL that allows this. In addition, I was under the impression that I was allowed three email accounts at no charge. Now, it seems, I have to pay for an additional account. Again, this is ridiculous. I am paying you for a service I am not receiving to the extent that I agreed to when I signed up. I have to pay additional fees to get more email accounts, which I did NOT agree to when I signed up. We've already paid for the service but we have to wait a week to use email, then we have to use your email when we do.

In addition to all this, why were we not informed by phone that our account was setup?

Please let me know what is going on with message relaying with your servers and why I must pay for another email account. Using DSL in a home and having to pay for additional email accounts for other members of the household is a rather outdated practice.

Last, but certainly not least, why must I create an email alias with a period in it? I don't want a period, but you seem to think I need one. I am strongly disappointed in what I have received in service and would rather pay a few dollars more to another ISP for Internet access and just use Verizon for the bandwidth. I could care less who provides my email as long as I can relay. I use my domain for email and have no intention of using Verizon at all. If I have to use Verizon for email then I'll simply cancel the ISP side of my DSL and go elsewhere. I went through another service while I was with Verizon in my last location and they allowed relaying.

If I am not mistaken, with the combination of the errors I have explained above, you are in breach of contract. If these errors are not corrected within a reasonable time frame, I will seek legal consultation regarding possible options available to me of recourse and if necessary, I will take action with any and all methods of legal recourse available to me. The choice is yours.

Regarding the first sentence in the previous paragraph, break out the contract and read it very closely and see if they really are in breach of contract. They might have good lawyers to write their contracts and you might have about this much -> . <- leg room as it concerns to legal action

Hope this helps, but you still might want to have one of our members who is more experienced in firing off complaints to customer service take a look at my rough draft.

S

s4

Sorry to hear that. I really liked you site and plan on visiting it again.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Called Verizon this morning...Spoke with athree people before I spoke to someone who knew what relaying was...Anyway, it seems they "used" to allow this but no longer do now. You must use the the email address assigned to you to send email out through their servers. Well, I expressed my displeasure in the server they have provided and told them I wouldn't recommend them to anyone with half a brain. So now, I'm going to talk to a few ISP that provide DSL access and get setup with one that allows relaying.

Thanks for your time fury. I am still using this letter and still sending it to them, however, I'm going to change it a little to explaint ot hem why I am discontinuing my service and moving elsewhere.

jopes

Your Nightmare
postcode call up Telocity aka directvinternet.

I have my DSL thru them. 2 weeks from the date I called them and I was online with only a few minor bugs.

I use OCN's email as my primary, and relay it thru Telocities servers.

jopes

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
I found a local ISP that dosen't have any email restrictions in place. Plus they run their server with Redhat. :) :)

Spiretech

Since my wife used to work for them, I'm getting a good deal too. :)