SSSCA

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Basically, if this new bill Senator Hollings is pushing passes, it will make constructing a home-built PC, using a pre-SSSCA computer, development of open-source software, and university and corporate research on systems, debugging, security, and watermarking ALL illegal, basically buttraping our first amendment rights harder than a sex-deprived pedophile in a day care center.

I think my point of view is already known about this, but in case it isn't, I pretty much got two words for them - "Suck yourselves!" This is my computer, I built it myself, and NOBODY is going to prevent me from building more. Not the government, not Bubba the Big Butted Big Brother watching over my shoulder, not even a 1200 mile wide ball of fire from the sky is gonna stop me from screwing a motherboard into a case, sliding in a CPU, popping on a heatsink, and watching it burn cause I forgot to plug in the fan :D

There's not much we can do as individuals, but if enough individuals got together and shouted out in unison, we might get someone's attention.

Forward this to all your family, friends, and enemies; write, don't email, your local congressional representantives and senators, etc etc... the usual stuff when a bill like this gets spat out of the anuses (anii?) of stupid congressmen.

Linkage:

Senators
House of Representatives
SSSCA
A couple of news stories about it: CBS Marketwatch | BayArea.com
Petition

Mods: Please don't move this. Leave it here. Thanks

S

s4

Bubba the Big Butted Big Brother? :eek:

I don't care what they say. I'll build all the comps I want.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
*signed*

but nobody cares about CFR, which is equally disaterous:(

Thanks for bumping.

Signed petition. This is totally too whacked for words. Now it's this idea but before you know it they're gonna monitor how many times you go to the restroom, in order to regulate the waterflow :rolleyes:

It won't pass, this bill. Never.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
signed.....

60137 Total Signatures

We gotta get more signatures on this thing...

S

s4

I doubt it will get signed in. There are too many people it would affect.

If they don't want people building their own computers then what's next? I'm thinking of the book from George Orwell entitled "1984" when I see this kind of stuff.