Question about XP

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
To have the computer remember your password
Use this procedure when accessing a password-protected resource on the Internet or on your company's intranet or network.
In the User name and password dialog box that is displayed when you attempt to access a protected resource, in User name, type your user name.
In Password, type your password.
Select the Remember my password check box.
Click Don't ask for this password again.
The next time you gain access to this resource, Windows supplies the user name and password you typed.

a13antichrist

Moderator from Hell
I'm not sure that that's given as an option though when you log on to the system itself.. ??
In Win98 you set the Primary Network Logon in the Network Control Panel to Windows Logon; I imagine XP Home will have something similar.

a13antichrist

Moderator from Hell
P.S:

Originally posted by Neo
To enable Autologon in Windows® XP Professional

1. Click Start, Run and enter "control userpasswords2" to open the Windows 2000-style User Accounts application.

2. On the Users tab, clear the Users Must Enter A User Name And Password To Use This Computer check box and then click OK.

3. In the Automatically Log On dialog box that appears, type the user name and password for the account you want to be logged on each time you start your computer.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
You know what's cool about 2k? You don't have to do any hacks or tricks to get it to log into one account automatically. :grin: