Ok, fireworks I understand...

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
...but who, in their right mind, fires off weapons on New Years Midnight or 07/04 or whenever, in celebration. I had the same question pop into my mind watching the Afghani's celebrating.

Do you people not understand the basic principle of gravity?

BigDadday

Everday People
OK I cannot recall which country but like 250 peeps died because the fireqworks went goofy and it did the whole block. Anyone with the details fill them in. BD

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
I used to live down south in a small town, Coquille. Every New Year and 4th of July, we stayed inside. People out in boonies tend to get real crazy. Dynamite, and stuff like that. Guns were goin off all damn night long. When midnight hit, it was a friggin shooting gallery out there.

alex

BigDadday said:
OK I cannot recall which country but like 250 peeps died because the fireqworks went goofy and it did the whole block. Anyone with the details fill them in. BD

Lima, Peru - ~300 dead

someone did a fireworks demo inside the fireworks stand

*in best Red Foreman voice* DUMBASS

BigDadday

Everday People
Thnx and the count sadly will go higher. At least the president there has banned all sales,inporting and making of any types of fireworks but we know how that goes. BD

kuulani

I love fireworks!! It's tradition here to pop fireworks during New Years ... a New Years celebration wouldn't be the same without 'em.

Fireworks isn't the problem, it's the irresponsible people that use them.

patweb

Eater of Hot Peppered Steak
>>I love fireworks!! It's tradition here to pop fireworks during New Years ... a New Years celebration wouldn't be the same without 'em. <<

Three cheers!! The ENTIRE California Bay Area has been DEPOPPIFIED (Safe and Sane illegal too) for too long. I just shoot my mouth off on the fourth now. You want to see fireworks!

Damn stupid laws anyway.

kuulani

Idiots on Oahu were firing their guns on New Years, and bullets entered a few of the houses ... fortunately no one was hurt.

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
We love fireworks ... yeah, it gets smokey and stuff but it's once a year and it's a tradition. We have to purchase a permit though for firecrackers which is just lame cause you buy a permit for $25 and it's for 5000 units of firecrackers which costs you less than the cost of the permit :rolleyes:

The worst thing about fireworks is cleaning up the next day :D

Nihilistic

Close the world, txEn eht nepO
Gonzo said:
[B
Do you people not understand the basic principle of gravity? [/B]

Of course they don't, are you expecting them to know? they only school they have is the" I hate americans lets blow there sh*t up" school of learning

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
patweb said:
[B}Three cheers!! The ENTIRE California Bay Area has been DEPOPPIFIED (Safe and Sane illegal too) for too long. I just shoot my mouth off on the fourth now. You want to see fireworks!

Damn stupid laws anyway. [/B]

Growing up in AZ & most of my adult life in CA I missed the fun too, however, CA & AZ burn when fire is presented, so the laws are actually good ones.

Nihil-I also meant the stupid assed Americans & Mexicans in America too.